Are you a Curmudgeon?

Are you a curmudgeon, and if so does it bother you?

• I am under 50. I have become more of a curmudgeon and I don't care.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I am under 50. I have become more of a curmudgeon and sometimes I feel a little guilty about it.

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • I am under 50. I have not become more of a curmudgeon.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I am 50 or over. I have become more of a curmudgeon and I don't care.

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • I am 50 or over. I have become more of a curmudgeon and sometimes I feel a little guilty about it.

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • I am 50 or over. I have not become more of a curmudgeon.

Votes: 25 29.8%
  • I just don't fit into these categories for some reason, or I think the question is poorly designed,

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters

W2R

Moderator Emeritus
We have described curmudgeonly behavior, such a yelling at kids to "Get off my grass!" The curmudgeon is typically grumpy and maybe even a little mean to others. The dictionary definition is,
a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person.

Do you think you have become more curmudgeonly over the years? If so, does it bother you?

I don't respond to these stupid polls. And get off my lawn!

Oh yeah, I'm also a member of the AARP: "Armed And Really Pissed"...

Attachments

• AARP.jpg
    AARP.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: W2R
I don't respond to these stupid polls. And get off my lawn!

Oh yeah, I'm also a member of the AARP: "Armed And Really Pissed"...

:2funny: I am becoming more and more like that, the closer I get to ER! Today I growled at a couple of older gentlemen at the grocery store who were blocking the ENTIRE aisle with their carts, when they were the only two people in the whole aisle. They growled back so it was a truce. And they did move (a minimum amount) when I said "PARDON ME!!!!" before growling. :LOL:

Later, I felt a little guilty about it. After all, why should I be in a hurry anyway? And they probably just hadn't considered the possible existence of anybody else in the universe.

BTW, I *love* Clint Eastwood - always have. :smitten:

I have always been pretty happy and don't feel I've changed all that much. Definitely inherited that personality, so I can't say it's anything wonderful I did all by myself (my father was still yukking it up in his 80's, and have some relatives who are professional comedians..just a bunch of happy fools).

ok - so how many members of this forum have a Curmudgeon Certificate in their name of suitable for framing quality - downloaded from this very forum awarded by a 'former' member who later departed under less than mutually agreeable terms.

Eh?

Hmmmm - :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :whistle:

I like to save my grump for special occasions.

heh heh heh - ;)

Well but UncleMick, you are a Curmudgeon with a capital "C", certificate and all.

We are but lowly curmudgeons with a small "c".

And if you don't like that, then get off my grass! :LOL:

I am not a curmudgeon. I am usually the person in the grocery store cornered by the old guys who want to tell me about their bowel habits and how to tell if the cantaloupe is ripe .

I am not a curmudgeon. I am usually the person in the grocery store cornered by the old guys who want to tell me about their bowel habits and how to tell if the cantaloupe is ripe .

Id worry if they want to squeeze your mellons to see if they were ripe. But usually I just sniff the end it was picked at. You can tell that way ;)

Certain authorities around here have called me a curmudgeon, I think because I can sometimes spot advanced idiocy when it has become fully ripe. However, I do not believe that I am a curmudgeon. Women smile at me in the street all the time, I believe because I look friendly and approachable.

I would certainly never yell at kids. I raised two sons and don't think that I ever yelled at either one. Just seeing kids makes me smile. I like to see kids with their mothers, kids with their fathers, Moms and Dads with their whole families, old men with their young girlfriends. All these things make me happy.

Ha

Well, gee...lemme see.....Yup, "I have become more of a curmudgeon and I don't care". Used to be that stupid, inconsiderate, or disrespectful people (regardless of age) [-]pissed me off[/-] irritated me. But things have changed! They still irritate me, but now I let 'em know about it! I don't try to appease folks any more....I speak my piece, anytime, anywhere....and I just don't really give a rip about what they think about it either!!!

Curmudgeon? Eh, whatever! Folks can call me whatever they like....but they best get the h*ll of my lawn first!:bat:

:LOL:

Well, gee...lemme see.....Yup, "I have become more of a curmudgeon and I don't care". Used to be that stupid, inconsiderate, or disrespectful people (regardless of age) [-]pissed me off[/-] irritated me. But things have changed! They still irritate me, but now I let 'em know about it! I don't try to appease folks any more....I speak my piece, anytime, anywhere....and I just don't really give a rip about what they think about it either!!!

Curmudgeon? Eh, whatever! Folks can call me whatever they like....but they best get the h*ll of my lawn first!:bat:

:LOL:
Hey Goonie!! I like your attitude! :D Although sometimes I just ignore them as not worth my time, in general I am not one to put up with stupid, inconsiderate, or disrespectful people either (regardless of age). I am just not that submissive and unassertive. And yes, I believe that does make us curmudgeonly by definition.

Last edited:
Wow! over 30 votes and the race is neck and neck but overall the curmudgeons are in the lead!

None of the poll categories fit me. I am over 50 but I have ALWAYS been a crumudgeon. Given my handle on this forum, that should come as not surprise.:(:(

Grumpy

My real poll answer:

I am 50 or over. I have become more of a curmudgeon and I like it!

Coach

I am a bit too young to be a full-fledged curmudgeon, but I am well on my way to become one... I can be bad-tempered and difficult, but good manners still prevent me from getting in people's face and bluntly let them know of my displeasure. Unfortunately, I have come to find that, in many situations, being well-mannered gets you no freakin' respect...

Last week I was at the grocery store and this woman had parked her cart across the aisle so that I could not move through. She was talking on her cell phone and saw that I wanted to go by, but didn't move one inch to make way. So I waited patiently, smiling at her when she glanced at me, until she finally hung up and moved her cart. I said "thank you" and went on my way. I wish I could have told her what was really on my mind...:mad:

I am 50 or over. I have become more of a curmudgeon and sometimes I feel a little guilty about it.

I felt guilty for exactly 1 nanosecond. :LOL:
I consider myself a reasonably congenial person, and strive to maintain a very long fuse. This comes from years of being deliberately baited at w*rk and by my exMIL. Nobody ever did get me to explode verbally. :D
However, I do notice lately that I have even less patience for whiners or those who won't help themselves out of bad situations. I find myself really clamping my lips to keep from stating the obvious.
I've always been outspoken, but not recklessly. I hope it stays that way. :whistle:

My sisters told me I was a curmudgeon. When I was 20. It's gotten worse.

As far as idiots blocking the grocery store aisle with their carts, I used to be polite and just wait. Now I push 'em out of the way (the carts, not the people).

Back
Top Bottom