Are you a musician?

One of my sayings: Jazz is a career that you have to save up for.

REWahoo! said:
Tiffany said to tell 'el grande kielbasa' hello for her.

ReWahoo: Now that's a surprise. She's still working?

I told her years ago to emulate the thrifty "Tom Cat", and put a little
in the Kitty everyday.

You can lead a horse to water, but--------------.

Nords said:
You might want to read some of their biographies. For them guitar is an obsession-- the first thing they pick up in the morning and the last thing they put down at night, including their families. If you've been meaning to pick up a guitar some day then you're not even close to their mindset... or to the hours of practice that they call "fooling around"...

You are so right Nords, I remember reading where Angus Young (AC/DC) had his first album at around age 17. Jimmy Hendrix would pick up his guitar as soon as he got up in the morining and play while frying eggs, when you was young.

I can dream though, can't I?

Inspired by Duane Eddy, Link Wray and Bo Diddley as a young teen, pestered my folks to get me an electric hollow body Epiphone (which I still have). Taught myself how to play which severely hampered my prrogressing any further than a basic lead guitar in a kick-ass three piece party band in college. Graduated to a Fender Jaguar; bass player got much better than me at lead, and switched to a Precision Bass. Graduated, became too sophisticated to play in a bar band, sold everything except the Epiphone.

35 years later got Born Again and interested in Christian Rock. On impulse walked out of a guitar shop with a brand new USA Fender Jazz Bass. Practiced my butt off and was able to play with my church's worship band three times which was an incredible experience. Don't get asked much to play as I am three times the age of the regular worship band.

Bought a chromatic tuner and can now jam with Chris Tomlim, Eric Clapton and anybody else on CD. Retirement plans (coming summer '07) include experimenting with Apple Garage Band and some interfacing gear. I'll be moving so maybe there will be a worship team in desparate need of a slightly long in the tooth bass player that is totally in love with Rock 'n Roll.

I look upon my musical experience as brief moments of incredible joy with large tracts of wasted opportunity. I hope to finish better than that.

Back
Top Bottom