Are you a private person or a people person?

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I think we've had a similar thread like this before, but thought I'd start a similar one again.

With the holidays soon approaching, do you like all the socializing, gatherings, etc. or do you prefer the personal space being a private person.

I enjoy some of both...but am more of a private person. Been feeling nervous the past few days.

My friend goes...let's spend Christmas this year..At Your Place! To host a party to meet your family :(

Private person big time...and have it down to a science so I am master of my free time.

Megacorp holiday party? NOT! Even if it is my first year on the job, no thank you...BTDTGTTS.

I'm a people person, said with the same conviction of that product manager in Office Space.

I was never happier sitting in front a breadboard writing assembly code using toggle switches or in front a finance exam solving currency translation problems. Both allowed me to flex my mental muscles without dealing with some person's stupidity. Time just sorted out of melted away without my knowing.

I'm definitly more of a private person. I do like to go out with several friends once a month or so but the rest of the time i'm perfectly happy being home by myself. If I didn't have to w*rk, I would gladly go weeks at a time without seeing another person.

When I used to w*rk, I'd take most of December off (stacked all the vacation days at once) and maybe even all the way to after New Years. Would just take it easy at alone at home most of the time. Loved it, felt like a kid staying up past midnight with no school to get ready for the next day.

INTJ, so obviously not a social butterfly

My friend goes...let's spend Christmas this year..At Your Place! To host a party to meet your family :(

Response: "You've got to be kidding, right? Not in a million years. Do you even know me? :2funny: "

Last edited:
INTJ, so obviously not a social butterfly

Response: "You've got to be kidding, right? Not in a million years. Do you even know me? :2funny: "

Thanks for the humor. I need it :D

INTJ too here, very strong I. Definitely more of a private person. Socializing with strangers is exhausting and uncomfortable at best. But I love spending time with good friends and family.

I'm extremely shy, so I'd say I'm a private person.

Hmmm...on second thought shy is not the right word. I like to observe others but I am more content talking one on one...

Private person. Love love love my quiet and alone time which I get every couple of weeks when dh is gone on business.

I'm not even sure how long we'll be happy to have our daughter home this holiday season.

But if past behavior is any predictor, it's not as though she's going to be spending her holiday season actually at home. We'll just have occasional midwatch transients from a high-bearing-rate contact.

I am a public person for my jobs and non for profit activities, and quite private otherwise. Interestingly, I share more information on this website than I would face to face.

I enjoy some of both...but am more of a private person. Been feeling nervous the past few days.

Mixture but more private than people person. I'll like to go to a small party once in a while but would not enjoy holding one at my place.

My MB "I" is off the chart. Still, folks who "know" me are surprised when I say I'm very shy. Among folks I know, I tend to be relaxed and can be the life of the party (without meds). In "new" settings of folks I don't know, I'm a wall flower. I try to avoid these and stick to social situations that are not threatening. Can't suggest a reason for any of this, but that's the way it is. Still, I enjoy people. I just like them in a setting where I have more control.

I am little bit of both. I enjoy small social gatherings where I know the folks. I like to go out with friends for an event: a house tour, concert, dinner, etc, but I am also very appreciate of my time alone at home where I can relax with my little dog and do whatever I want. I think I am at heart an introvert with occasional social leanings.

Private. Always happy and relaxed to be alone, like to spend some time with a couple close friends, any more than that rapidly exhausts my limited supply of 'social energy'.

I flip between ISTJ and INTJ, so not crazy about large group socializing (uncomfortable). Having said that, I do seek out social opportunities although I do best in small groups where I know most of the people.

For some reason, I am capable at public speaking. I don't especially enjoy it and it takes a lot out of me, but I must have some skill since I get regular solicitations to speak within my employer organization.

Bit of both. I enjoy meeting new people at a dinner table situation but I hate cocktail party settings. I could never "work a room."

I’m sociable but private. At work people considered me cold but that was mostly my effort to build barriers between work and home life, which I accomplished quite effectively.

The internet has greatly enabled individuals, especially shy folks, to have social contact but still control their privacy levels.

For some reason, I am capable at public speaking. I don't especially enjoy it and it takes a lot out of me, but I must have some skill since I get regular solicitations to speak within my employer organization.
It must be your uncontainable enthusiasm for the job and work environment.

I'm not even sure how long we'll be happy to have our daughter home this holiday season.

But if past behavior is any predictor, it's not as though she's going to be spending her holiday season actually at home. We'll just have occasional midwatch transients from a high-bearing-rate contact.
We love having the kids back home. And then saying goodbye once again.

I never took Myers-Briggs and feel I may have missed something important in my life.

Back
Top Bottom