Are you celebrating Festivus?

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Festivus for the rest of us!

352nptd.jpg

For those scratching their heads about now:
The usual holiday tradition of a tree is manifested in an unadorned aluminum pole, which is in direct contrast to normal holiday materialism. Those attending Festivus may also participate in the "Airing of Grievances" which is an opportunity to tell others how they have disappointed you in the past year, followed by a Festivus dinner, and then completed by the "Feats of Strength" where the head of the household must be pinned. All of these traditions are based upon the events in the Seinfeld episode, however, strangely enough, Festivus has roots that pre-date Seinfeld.
And your link to sanity: Happy Festivus | A Festivus for the Rest of Us! | Festivus Feats of Strength, Festivus Airing of Grievances, Festivus Pole

My husband and I aired our grievances yesterday, mostly against our jobs, instead if each other. :) It made for a lively and hilarious dinner out last night. We both run into the craziest people in our jobs.

No, we're not celebrating Festivus. No problem whatsoever with folks that do. Hey, go for it! Just keep your voices down......... Trying to watch football and take a nap simultaneously here........

Made a joke about Festivus to the 22ish year old waitress at dinner last night. She had never heard of Seinfeld.

Yes. It did hurt her tip. :-D

It WAS a wonderfully well written show. SO MANY memorable episodes / story lines.

It **IS** interesting when you re watch some of them just how incredibly SHALLOW the characters were.

re Kramer - I always figgered he would either end up indredibly wealthy or in jail.

Made a joke about Festivus to the 22ish year old waitress at dinner last night. She had never heard of Seinfeld.

Teen 1: "The Beatles? Who are they?"

Teen 2: "Y'know... Paul McCartney's old group."

Teen 1: "Paul McCartney had a group before Wings?"

(Heavy Sigh)

If it means sitting in front of the fireplace eating pizza and drinking beer. yea.

I air my grievances daily. Don't like for them to build up.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom