Are You Kinda Famous Or Know Someone Who Is

Not famous but we do have a famous European writer in the family apparently who is my mom's 2nd cousin...never met him.

DH's family is pretty famous in American history I guess... DH is a direct descendent of Paul Revere (great great great great great great grandson). Also, according to the research that we did, Abraham Lincoln is also in the family....honest Abe was DH's great grandfather's 11th cousin (hope that makes sense :p ).

And no, no sterling silver was passed down in the family :rant:.

Going this route. My wife's aunt is Mary Queen of Scots. Of course there should be a few greats in front of aunt. That, of course, would put King James I of England as her cousin. He's the one who ordered the King James version of the Bible be written. My half siblings are descendants of John Adams. And I am somehow descended from William Wallace.

I have distant relatives who were hanged for stealing horses in the late 1800s. No one descended from them. Top that! So there!>:D

I live next door to Ozzie Canseco, the twin brother of Jose Canseco. He wasn't even half the professional baseball player that Jose was.

I know Davin Joseph pretty well, an offensive linemen for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He interned with my company for a few months about 3 yeras ago. He still keeps in contact occasionally to say hello.

I've played poker with Vernon Carey before, a Miami Dolphins offensive lineman.

Charles Johnson (ex-catcher for the Marlins and Orioles) used to live across the street from a good friend of mine.

I've hung out with Joe Pesci's niece.

My brother-in-law got into some words with Randy McMichael, current tight end for the St. Louis Rams.

Oh Mein Papa, to me he was so wonderful...

Boy, that must have been the last time any American voiced that sentiment, especially in song.

Ha

Here's a good one, not that old (70's)...

Say It In Private

(see link for full lyrics)
[SIZE=+2]

My Old Man[/SIZE] by Steve Goodman

I miss my old man tonight
And I wish he was here with me
With his corny jokes and his cheap cigars
He could look you in the eye and sell you a car.
That's not an easy thing to do,
But no one ever knew a more charming creature
On this earth than my old man.

He was a pilot in the big war...

And after they dropped the bomb
He came home and married mom
And not long after that
He was my old man.

I miss my old man tonight
And I can almost see his face
He was always trying to watch his weight
And his heart only made it to fifty-eight.
For the first time since he died
Late last night I cried.
I wondered when I was gonna do that
For my old man.

-ERD50

Um...i hold a US Patent. does that count? :D

if that's the case, then my wife is famous. She is listed as inventor on 30+ US patents plus she authored one book and many research papers... But unless you work in her field, it's unlikely you would recognize her name.

I tried to get Belli to take a defamation case for me. He didn't think it was good enough; he referred me.

Ha
Not surprising: "...in order for defamation of character to occur, the alleged victim has to have character to defame in the first place." :D

I had forgotten about this, but my mom dated Hal Holbrook for a while when he was in DC doing that Mark Twain show back in the late 70s. I think he was still married at the time, but got divorced soon after. I met him a couple times when I was home from college. He seemed like a really nice man.

Not surprising: "...in order for defamation of character to occur, the alleged victim has to have character to defame in the first place." :D

Oh you sweetie-pie! :)

Ha

My cousin dated Chuck Connors (Rifleman) when he played for the Cubs...

"Evel" Knievel bought sweet corn at our farm stand.

OK, pretty lame, I know.

-ERD50

My childhood friend's father, Frank St. Marseille, played for the NHL LA Kings....

After going undrafted in the NHL, Frank St. Marseille was considered to be too slow for the big leagues. But, he worked his way through the minors until being signed by the expansion St. Louis Blues. In 1967, he come off a career season with the IHL's Port Huron Flags and was named to the league's second all-star team. As a Blues rookie, St. Marseille was considered to be a great acquisition. He helped the team get to the Stanley Cup finals only to be swept by the Canadiens. The next two seasons saw St. Marseille and the Blues go back to the finals but the team fell short both times to the Canadiens and then the Bruins, never winning even a single game.
St. Marseille spent five seasons in St. Louis before being traded to the Kings in the 1972-73 season. He was a consistent player for the Kings until leaving the NHL in the 1976-77 season, though he spent one more year with the AHL's Nova Scotia Voyageurs before retiring as a player in 1978. St. Marseille stepped behind the bench and coached the Voyageurs for several seasons before heading back to the Kings as an assistant coach. He left the game once again and move back to Canada to help his son develop as a hockey player in his own right.

An cousin was a major Boston hood. My boyhood best buddy's Mom was a Rockette. His Dad became a major Vegas hood, post Kefauver hearings.

See, I really do know cool people. :)

Ha

My sister has participated in horseback riding events with William Shatner (who is also into horses). Beam me up, Scotty!

I'm still waiting for Moemg to get me a date with Sharapova (we're all neighbors, right?) It's questionable whether I should be dating a woman who can break my body in half with her bare hands, though. :D

My sister has participated in horseback riding events with William Shatner (who is also into horses). Beam me up, Scotty!

I'm still waiting for Moemg to get me a date with Sharapova (we're all neighbors, right?) It's questionable whether I should be dating a woman who can break my body in half with her bare hands, though. :D
-
Oh, now I can brag. As a small child I looked up to a teenager who dressed like James Dean, complete with hairdo, cigs rolled into his teeshirt sleeve sitting backwards in chairs and was rumored to smoke pot. He grew up to be a jockey! His sister couldda been a contender but gave up the ring when a friend was straggled on the ropes. My niece does competitive horseback riding. I actually know these people.>:D

Back
Top Bottom