Are you sneezing this time of year?

Retire2013

Recycles dryer sheets
I am not asking for medical advice. I am just wondering if you are sneezing at this time of year? I don't have a cold but I have been sneezing this past week. I don't see any pollen on my car or on my deck furniture so I am wondering what could be out right now that may cause me to sneeze? I am keeping my house clean and free of dust and molds, and pet furs, etc.? I live in the suburbs of Washington DC.

What region do you live in? And are you sneezing? I don't know how to set up a poll/survey, so I am just asking these general questions and hope to receive some responses in order to learn more about this general topic. Thank you in advance for your time reading and (hopefully) replying to this OP.

I live in east Texas, about 100 miles north of Houson in the east Texas piney woods. The ragweed count is high now, and yep...I'm sneezing, the roof of my mouth is itching and I'm wheezing. Taking Benadryl & Singulair. At different times of the year, I have issues with different substances. I'm really allergic to cedar too, and there's plenty of that around. The last couple of years, I've been paying people to mow my lawn because of how bad the grass messes me up.

Mold can also be bad in the fall. I can't rake leaves because of the mold.

Dallas 'burb here. I rarely sneeze, but for the past three weeks I've been sneezing several times a day.

I live in east Texas, about 100 miles north of Houson in the east Texas piney woods.
Commonly referred to as "behind the pine curtain".

Ragweed has assaulted me once again this year. Made two trips to the doc in the past three weeks for stronger drugs. Woke up last week with a voice that made DW swear I'd been possessed by the ghost of Barry White...

it's been crazy. our neighbor doesn't tend to the part of the property which the city of houston has a right away in. ragweed grows freely back there. i pulled out a big chunk of it in april, but i didn't get it all....

claritin-d is the only thing that solves my problem...

Ragweed has assaulted me once again this year. Made two trips to the doc in the past three weeks for stronger drugs. Woke up last week with a voice that made DW swear I'd been possessed by the ghost of Barry White...
It's nabbed me a little, but it's really hit my wife.

What sucks is that we're now getting wonderful weather to open the windows at night to let fresh, cool air in -- but because of all the ragweed pollen in the air, we can't...

I am going to google to see what ragweed looks like and to see if we have them in Northern Virginia where I live. Thank you for telling me about the leaves and the ragweed.

I was fine until I read this thread. Then I started sneezing.

Ha

Charlotte, NC, and yes, sneezing quite a bit :(. Hopefully it will end in the next couple weeks.

Yep. Missouri. Goldenrod, ragweed and mold have been rampant recently; but, for some reason (not really cold yet) the pollen has dropped off but mold has stayed insanely high (dang leaves on the ground I guess).

Sneezing and coughing. Being that way for a week, at least But,.... how much of it is due to my smoking?

Northern AL and sneezing like crazy since last week. I don't know the culprit though...

I am going to google to see what ragweed looks like and to see if we have them in Northern Virginia where I live. Thank you for telling me about the leaves and the ragweed.

We do have ragweed in NOVA:( Plus the leaf mold is bad too.

Cocaine will have you sneezing all year (without going outside) - or at least that's what I've been told >:D ...

Yep. Missouri. Goldenrod, ragweed and mold have been rampant recently; but, for some reason (not really cold yet) the pollen has dropped off but mold has stayed insanely high (dang leaves on the ground I guess).

I read an article in the paper just the other day that said Goldenrod does not cause allergy problems. It was some gardener and he/she said some people were actually using it their landscapes. I've been bad mouthing this plant for years when it was only ragweed that was the culprit. And yes, my allergies have been worse lately.

Here's the article.

Goldenrod in gardens gives great fall color - @Home - SunHerald.com

Back
Top Bottom