Assets Allocation software

wanaberetiree

Full time employment: Posting here.
I currently use a spreadsheet for this purpose, but wonder if anybody found a good and cheat software to do so.

My desire for it is that I can track assets defined by <symbols> x <shares amount> and also by custom classes that won't require symbols and would allow to assign a class name and value in $ (like i-bonds for example.)

Thx

Just a spreadsheet as well. Then again, my AA consists of only 3 asset classes. Everything I do is predicated on simplicity (Occam's Razor).

Just a spreadsheet as well. Then again, my AA consists of only 3 asset classes. Everything I do is predicated on simplicity (Occam's Razor).

I actually too have only 3 classes: equity, international equity and bonds

These are my exact 3 classes. So why do you need software to calculate? Only reason I use a spreadsheet is because TIRA contains the 3 asset classes and I calculate the % of each class within it. Takes a couple of minutes at most.

As so many funds have a sometimes sizable cash component, and many funds have both a domestic and foreign component; I have always used asset allocation on fidelity site. Unfortunately the morningstar feed to their site has some errors (high cash percentages in index funds) that fidelity can't say when they will be fixed. Therefore, I have to make a manual adjustment now.

Marc

Yeah, a rough interpretation of the above. Take all the equities, bonds, and cash and divide by 25 or 30 and you're good. If that exceeds your expenses fine,
Or, if your income from interest and dividends exceeds your expenses you're better than fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom