Join Early Retirement Today

Re: At least Bush Won't Govern by watching the Polls...........
Old 06-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline
...but I would have thought that Kerry is carrying that shotgun exactly the way he's supposed to when not actively shooting.
You mean, when he's not actively shooting but instead posing for the cameras who are actively shooting?
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets-retire
Do you think there might be a reason for this. Like maybe because nobody except the media and hollywood elite supports liberal causes.
I've always wondered about the Hollywood non-elite. Do those actors serving as models, waiters, or bartenders vote for Democrats or Republicans? And are they elite? Just how elite are the Hooywood elite anyhow? Are they more elite than the officers of the Carlyle Group, the owners of a sports team, the owners of an energy company? What if they drive a Prius, believe in Scientology, make movies about The Passion--are they still elite? Or are only liberals elite?

=astro, too elite for my shirt...
Old 06-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #43

Quote:
Do you think there might be a reason for this. Like maybe because nobody except the media and hollywood elite supports liberal causes. somebody
Quote:

What? According to the last 2 elections something in the neighborhood of 50% of the population give or take a few thousand, support liberal causes. Read the papers. Or hell, look it up on Fox. They were sort of forced to report it too

Quote:
I've always wondered about the Hollywood non-elite. Do those actors serving as models, waiters, or bartenders vote for Democrats or Republicans? And are they elite? Just how elite are the Hooywood elite anyhow? Are they more elite than the officers of the Carlyle Group, the owners of a sports team, the owners of an energy company? What if they drive a Prius, believe in Scientology, make movies about The Passion--are they still elite? Or are only liberals elite? astro
This is known as "The Rest of the Story" yes, that label of "elite" and other such buzz words is part of the "Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain" game.
razztazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:26 PM   #44

If you actually took the time to read the whole post my comment was in response to why people who are very left wing have a hard time being voted into office. Look at Hillary, she has been slowly attempting to bring herself to the middle. I do not buy what she is trying to sell. She is still very left wing, and just trying to hide her spots.

In reference to the last election. One of Kerry's hardest sells was convincing the middle of the road and righties that he wasn't a left wing nutjob. Obviously people weren't buying it, he lost. In fact, many people voted for him not because they liked him, but because they hated Bush. I'm sure many people voted for Bush only because he wasn't Kerry. I'd be willing to bet that more people voted for Kerry because he wasn't Bush than the other way around.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #45

Quote:
If you actually took the time to read the whole post my comment was in response to why people who are very left wing have a hard time being voted into office. Look at Hillary, she has been slowly attempting to bring herself to the middle. I do not buy what she is trying to sell. She is still very left wing, and just trying to hide her spots
Well I did read you posty. Thats why I answered the way I did. But be serious. The current regime wouldnt be able to get elected if they were honest. tehy had to present themselves as something tey weren't then got "lucky" with all teh wars and the'yre just pimping ig for all its wortyh. The Man Behind the Curtain.

And as far as voting Right/Left.. The left controlled the trajectory of this contry for good or ill from 1933 till just the last 10 yrs. Hardly paints an anti left picture.

And the last 2 elections were too close for the Right to claim any kind of moral victory, just teh lamesty of administratve victories.
razztazz is online now   Reply With Quote