ATM Rage

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
BofA has a tiny branch on a postage stamp parcel of property near my home. It's so small the branch has no lobby....only two drive thru teller lanes and one drive thru ATM lane. There's only two drive-up lanes feeding all three windows so sometimes you have to wait for the teller lane to move just so you can get to the ATM or vice-versa. You have to make a U-turn to get to any of the windows and customers generally leave plenty of room to manuever until thier window opens up.

Friday I was waiting for the ATM lane to clear when a lady in a shiny new SUV pulls up into the clearing (i.e. breaking the queue). I calmly got out of my car and walked up to her window and pointed at the ATM to let her know I was also waiting to use it. I figured she would back up and take her place at the end of the line.....but NO! She hops out of her vehicle and walks up to the ATM which is cool except her car is still blocking the line. When room becomes available I pull my car up behind her standing at the ATM. When she finishes she give me a smug look and walks back to her car which is now behind me. I lost it and sorta sneered at her "That's not cute....just rude!". Now she's back in her car waiting for me to finish using the ATM. She's stuck back there ( no room to back up or go around). When I finish I peek in my mirror and see her trying to manuever the SUV through the lane, but she's too close to the massive concrete-filled steel barrier post and she seems clueless as to how to manuever past it. She pulls back and forth a time or two, never gaining any clearance and finally just plows past the post and wrecks her car from behind the rear door to the back bumper and likely bends her wheel hopping the curb.........too bad she couldn't see the smug look on my face......but I'm pulling into traffic and only regret she never caught up so I could see the damage up close. I'm guilty for gloating so much, but she did it to herself.

I thought that's how all people behave in the northeast! :D Just joking.

Some people really need to get a life, and she sounds like one of them.

Well there might be some justice in what happened. However it coud've turned out with body damage to your car, in which case it wouldn't be so amusing.I see this sort of thing occasionally at the postage stamp-sized discount gas stations around here. The pumps are slow and the people pile up and manuever around to get to the "next" pump. I have seen fender benders on two occasions at these places. These places have these little accidents kind-of built in.So that's why your auto insurance is so high !

I thought that's how all people behave in the northeast! :D Just joking.

No, not all, but yeah we do seem to have more than our share...it seems to get worse as you go North and peaks in NY/NJ........sorry, but that's my observation.

Well there might be some justice in what happened. However it coud've turned out with body damage to your car, in which case it wouldn't be so amusing.I see this sort of thing occasionally at the postage stamp-sized discount gas stations around here. The pumps are slow and the people pile up and manuever around to get to the "next" pump. I have seen fender benders on two occasions at these places. These places have these little accidents kind-of built in.So that's why your auto insurance is so high !

You mean if the offender was 6'8", 300 lbs l with gang tattoes, would I even bother to complain? My car is not likely to suffer damage unless someone decides to ram me! DW complained about me stopping there too, but honestly I never give it much thought if the line is short.....there is a bigger full service branch a block away.
I stay away from the discount gas lines too...ever since nearly being run over trying to fill a gas can.....I'd rather pay a few cents more and save 20 minutes

She got what she deserved. I hate people with bad manners...

Days after I picked up my last new car, I was waiting in a drive-thru line at a local Wendy's during the lunch time rush when the guy in front of me -- driving a mid-size flat bed truck -- decided he didn't want to wait any longer.

He put the truck's transmission into reverse and started to back up...I couldn't move as there was a line of cars bumper to bumper behind me so I laid on the horn and yelled out the window to no avail, watching as the truck's bumper and bed crawled up the hood of my car, causing nearly $3000 worth of damage to my brand new car.

I was furious and jumped out of the car to confront the numbnut driver. He looked so surprised that he caused so much damage and admitted that he "forgot" that he was driving this truck rather than his own smaller pickup!! Unbelievable!!!! (Oh, yeah, the police arrested his on the spot...he was driving with a suspended license and had a bench warrant for unpaid tickets too.)

Back
Top Bottom