Join Early Retirement Today

Back to school
Old 08-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Back to school

On Monday, DD#2 took our granddaughter to her first day at kindergarten. DD attended an open house the week before and was given all the information she needed to know which classroom, what teacher, etc. All went well with the exchange from mom to her teacher as granddaughter was excited to be there and not the least bit intimidated by her first taste of higher education.

As DD is walking down the hallway to leave, she noticed a lady with two kids in tow attempting to read the classroom assignments posted on the bulletin board just inside the entrance. A teacher walked up to the lady and asked if she could be of assistance. The lady says yes, thank you, I’m here to drop off Amy who is in third grade and Jimmy who is in kindergarten. Jimmy looks up at his mom and says, “Kindergarten? Mom! I’m in first grade!”

Mom then explains they just moved in from another school district and decided it would be best for Jimmy to repeat kindergarten. All this is obviously news to little Jimmy, who by this time is screaming his head off, telling the entire world “I’m NOT in kindergarten, I'm in First Grade!!!”.

Mom says to the teacher, “Here you go”, hands the two kids off and walks out the front door.

The teacher, slightly stunned but attempting to keep a stiff upper lip, tries to calm little Jimmy down, but he’s having none of it. He pulls away and runs out the front door after his long-gone mom. The teacher goes after him and, with the assistance of the school principal, a couple of sympathetic parents, and several minutes of amateur psychiatric therapy, finally get Jimmy to very reluctantly reenter the building.

Scarred for life…

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Alot of posts about punishment of illegals, etc. lately. If you want my opinion this parental behavior should be identified as criminal and punishable. We can only guess how they are treated at home....

Some things we Americans do aren't too right....

Sad story

Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Scarred for life…
Everybody, not just Jimmy...

So, would this new juvie independent thinker be in your granddaughter's kindergarten class?

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
So, would this new juvie independent thinker be in your granddaughter's kindergarten class?
Nope, he's not one of the 17 boys and 5 girls in her class. But DD says she's seen him at school every day this week, so he hasn't dropped out to find a job in the oil patch...yet.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote