Backup Strategies

I use GMail, and I I've found that having all my email online is a problem when our Internet is down. Anybody use the software that allows you to download all your gmail mail to your system as a backup?
You can use Microsoft Outlook or the free Mozilla Thunderbird (link) to access your Gmail via POP3 access. To do this in Gmail go to settings >> Forwarding and POP >> then at the bottom select the right setting (enable) and I choose to leave a copy in the inbox.

If you want your sent messages downloaded to the sent folder on your local mail software you will have to setup some rules for that. If you want me to post the ones for Outlook, let me know.

What? You think I make this stuff up? ;)
No, no, here's why:

" Your search - "Cute Fuzzy Bunny Google data insecure" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
"

So you must be mistaken!

I'm sure that an e-mail from Larry & Sergey is on its way to you as we speak...

What I wouldn't give for some toggle switches and blinkenlights.
Many's the time I've wanted to empty a fire extinguisher into a military AN/UYK-7 fire control computer. Especially when running diagnostics while the entire chain of command looked over our shoulders offering helpful suggestions.

Is it just the Navy, or do civilian computers also have chill-water supplies?

Is it just the Navy, or do civilian computers also have chill-water supplies?

The big ones in the basement of the Air Force building did.

If you have an AMD computer, you better have a supply of chilled water to put out the flames. And some iron underpants to protect you from the teeth.

Back
Top Bottom