Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Nuke_diver, Thanks for the laugh!
jcretire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Bacon and Kale are dead
Old 01-23-2015, 03:15 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Bacon and Kale are dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
Nothing like Kale sautéed in a bit of left over from breakfast bacon fat with the left over strips shredded on top.
Yes, this. I make this frequently with my eggs and it is SO good!
outdoorgirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #23
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
People are equally tired of kale. Just 27 percent of diners across the national love the leafy green. However, some are still obsessed with it enough to name their child after it.
If we ever have a daughter, we will name her Kale.
imoldernu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:21 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Mmmmm, dead bacon. I don't like it live!
Throwdownmyaceinthehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

The thread title sounds like a line out of a Spillane novel.
I watched Zelda Harrington slide her long-legged body into the leather chair next to the mansion's fireplace. She crossed her legs at the ankles for effect, and picked up her drink. It was gin. You just knew she was going to be a gin drinker.

"I'm sorry, Detective, but I don't know how I can help you. I sent two of our people to the dock to pick up our merchandise an hour ago, and they won't be back for at least a couple more hours. You're welcome to wait if you'd like. Can I fix you a drink?"

"Look, Mrs. Harrington, I don't expect you to solve this case. Just tell me what you know and I'll take it from there. And I'll take a raincheck on the drink...while I'm on duty."

"It's simple, Detective. I received a telegram saying the Harmony Queen will be arriving tonight. I sent Bacon and Kale down there to pick up our shipment."

"Well, here's something you don't know, Mrs. Harrington. Bacon and Kale are dead."
prudent_one is offline   Reply With Quote