Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #241
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Did you say hosers or posers?
prosers, as in those who are prone to prose.
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #242
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
No, I just make all this **** up.
Undoubtedly...

A sausage link...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #243
Give me a forum ...

Oh shoot I didnt even get the pun.

Dangnabit.

Here's your link...the trick is to mince it up finely and mix it with flour and grease, which is the chemical transference process that makes it into a vegetable.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #244
Give me a forum ...

I'm a little bit concerned. I just got back from the big box warehouse store where I bought a package of Aidells Pineapple and Bacon sausage.

Aidells doesnt even list the product on their web site, and google only brings up some nutritional site that lists the nutritional value of the product. No other obvious references.

Maybe some sort of space-time continuum thing caused this to happen?

Further, just yesterday I became aware of a food product called a "scotch egg" at an english pub type place that other than the scotch egg had incredibly bad food.

The scotch egg is a hard boiled egg that has been rolled in cooked ground sausage. It is then breaded and then deep fried.

Bon appetit!

I am primarily concerned about the Aidells mixup because the store also sold a 5 lb bag of frozen "jambalaya seafood mix" which consisted primarily of octopus and squid, with some fake Krab and other sundry seafood items. I'm not sure I've seen a jambalaya made with octopus and squid. I've definitely never seen one made with Krab.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #245
Give me a forum ...

I love Scotch eggs! I've made them plenty of times, but it is really difficult to keep the sausage on the egg. They are great for soaking up lots of beer when we have parties. We do not bring anything into our house called "Krab".

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #246
Give me a forum ...

I'm awful proud of you with regards to that Krab thing. Although once a year or so when I'm on a diet I might buy a couple of pound of it and snack on it with melted butter

The Aidells pineapple/bacon sausage is okay, but frankly I prefer the Evergood pineapple sausage (also in a peculiar manner, not many google hits).

These have been the frickin bomb in the smoker over the last 3-4 outings. I've dropped 10-12 of them on the top shelf for 3-5 hours and everyone has been mighty impressed. Nice and sweet, good caramelization, and really great flavor.

Maybe its the slow cookin' (I fired the Aidells up on the grill on low) but after tinkering with many sausages (shaddup), for a nice sweet one I'd go with the evergood pineapples over any similar chicken/apple varieties or other fruit related sausages (make your own joke). Highly recommended. And inexpensive especially when bought at costco.

Dinner tonight is a pair of salsas prepared from our farm share...red onions, a mix of 8 different chili peppers, 5 different kinds of tomatoes, some non-farm limes that were ridiculously juicy, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, some fresh cilantro and a couple of other goodies that I'd reveal but then I'd have to kill all y'all. One includes all the hot stuff and one doesnt. We have a situation where the 3 year old eats the hot salsa and declares "This is too spicy for me!" and then eats more of it. So he gets a low-heat versions.

Followed by the pineapple sausages, some ravioli with spinach and ricotta treated with a nice herb butter with sage and garlic, and fresh raspberries for dessert.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #247
Recycles dryer sheets

I haven't read this whole thread, so I hope no-one else has beat me to posting this bacon-related link. (Contains strong language.)

Quote:
The Department of Health in London was under siege yesterday as a mob chanted 'death to the men in white coats' and 'whoever defames the pig should be executed'.
LEAVE BACON OUT OF IT, HEALTH EXPERTS WARNED - The Daily Mash
cjking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #248
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjking View Post
I haven't read this whole thread, so I hope no-one else has beat me to posting this bacon-related link. (Contains strong language.)

LEAVE BACON OUT OF IT, HEALTH EXPERTS WARNED - The Daily Mash
Ha! I love the British.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Oh, Man, These Look Good
Old 09-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #249
Full time employment: Posting here.

Oh, Man, These Look Good

Served at NYC Google headquarters in honor of somebody's birthday.

Krispy Kreme bacon cheddar cheeseburgers on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Mike D.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #250
Give me a forum ...

Invented at the concession stand of the St Louis Gateway Grizzlies in 2006!

Its slightly approached by the Carls Jr. "Breakfast Burger", which is a bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on top and a layer of hash browns on the bottom.
Fess up
Old 09-15-2008, 10:26 AM   #251

Fess up

Ok who got the tat! I know its one of you. Oh and pancake stuff as a bonus viewing pleasure
Old 09-15-2008, 10:50 AM   #252
Give me a forum ...

How timely. I'm enjoying some niman ranch dry cured applewood smoked as we speak!

Costco has 3 12oz packages for $9.xx. Pretty good considering one package at the supermarket costs almost that much.

Odd bacon...shrinks a lot, chewy, fat part remains very pure white no matter how long you cook it. It almost looks like a fake dog bacon when cooked, although I mean that more from the contrast of reddish/brown meat and pure white fat...not that it looks bad...just that I could pick it out in a bacon lineup pretty easily.

Oh, and very very delish!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:06 AM   #253

BLT's sometime this week. We have some tasty apple wood bacon . That is a good price. I usually broil the bacon.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #254
Give me a forum ...

Baked at 350-400 (whatever I feel like, whichever oven buttons look happiest at the moment) for about 15 minutes, no turning. Line the cookie pan with foil and after the fat cools you can just roll it up and throw it away. No pans to clean.

Perfect every time. I do a whole package/pound at a pop and ziploc it.

I should have snapped a picture of me, my dad and Gabe all gnawing on a strip while watching football yesterday. Three generations of bacon eating.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #255
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Further, just yesterday I became aware of a food product called a "scotch egg" at an english pub type place that other than the scotch egg had incredibly bad food.

The scotch egg is a hard boiled egg that has been rolled in cooked ground sausage. It is then breaded and then deep fried.

Bon appetit!

We have a family recipe for "Scotch egg" using sauteed ground pork (seasoned to taste), wrapped around the hard-boiled egg, and rolled in bread crumbs, then deep-fried. The ground pork sticks to the egg only if you use egg white, or a beaten egg as mortar sparingly. It is labor intensive, but yummy.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #256

Quote:

Bon appetit!

Only place I have ever seen Scotch Eggs on the menu is Brit's Pub in Minneapolis. Brit's Pub & Eating Establishment Good stuff!
Rustward is offline   Reply With Quote
BaconHenge
Old 09-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #257

BaconHenge

MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #258
Give me a forum ...

Woman named Bacon wins hog calling contest...

News From The Associated Press
Old 09-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #259
Give me a forum ...

I you-tubed it. There is something very disturbing about this....

Old 09-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #260
Gone but not forgotten

We have a real problem . I was not a bacon lover . I liked bacon occasionally but since this thread I 'm in big trouble . We went out for lunch today and what did I have a BLT . I crave Blt's . I can not get enough of bacon . I see bacon on a menu and it is like a magnet . Thanks CFB !
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote