Bacon Flowchart

Just for fun I went to the Bacon of the Month Club website cited in the article at Americans Are Bringing Home The Bacon.
Go here http://www.gratefulpalate.com/index.php?p=Category_11 and experience true Sticker Shock!!!!
So I decided I would see what just 1 package cost. Oscar's Applewood Smokehouse bacon costs "only" $9.95 for 16 oz package, shipping extra of course. Source of bacon was NY. Sounds like a treasure hunt to find the company's location is in order. To be continued...:greetings10:
See the 2nd page of the document here.
http://www.vanderosefoods.com/uploads/file/CooksIllustratedBaconTasting.pdf
Artisinal bacon, huh? :cool: Gimme good ol' Oscar Mayer anyday. I'll throw a slice of apple in the fry pan myself.

Just for fun I went to the Bacon of the Month Club website cited in the article at Americans Are Bringing Home The Bacon.
Go here Grateful Palate and experience true Sticker Shock!!!!
So I decided I would see what just 1 package cost. Oscar's Applewood Smokehouse bacon costs "only" $9.95 for 16 oz package, shipping extra of course. Source of bacon was NY. Sounds like a treasure hunt to find the company's location is in order. To be continued...:greetings10:
See the 2nd page of the document here.
http://www.vanderosefoods.com/uploads/file/CooksIllustratedBaconTasting.pdf
Artisinal bacon, huh? :cool: Gimme good ol' Oscar Mayer anyday. I'll throw a slice of apple in the fry pan myself.

No, Oscar Mayer is not the same as true applewood smoked bacon. :LOL: Even with apple thrown in it. :D Its like if you buy stinkweed or the good stuff. If you want premium product either pay or build your own smokehouse and do it.

You ignoring everyone else? :LOL:

ignoring no-one. Just the juxtaposition of Cattusbabe's comment to the bacon-clad babes struck me funny - figured you were commenting on the 5# late night snack. mind in the gutter here - i know you're all of high mind and morals unlike me.

ignoring no-one. Just the juxtaposition of Cattusbabe's comment to the bacon-clad babes struck me funny - figured you were commenting on the 5# late night snack. mind in the gutter here - i know you're all of high mind and morals unlike me.

No i get it. I have no morals that I can find :D

It took me a minute........... You sir are a bad boy.

No, Oscar Mayer is not the same as true applewood smoked bacon. :LOL: Even with apple thrown in it. :D Its like if you buy stinkweed or the good stuff. If you want premium product either pay or build your own smokehouse and do it.
Of course not. The cheapskate in me was at w*rk. :D
I am hot on the trail of Oscar's Smokehouse, somewhere in NY. I think I found it in Warrensburg in the Adirondack Mts.
Oscars Smoked Meats and Cheese Products - specializing in gourmet meat and cheese since 1946.
I sent an email to them to inquire if the applewood smoked bacon is their product or not. Their website is pretty sparse and may not list all their products.
If so, I can come up with an excuse to take a road trip to buy directly, or have them ship it if that's cheaper.
dh2b's birthday is coming up in May. :flowers:

Oh...that's just wrong.......:eek:....:p

then you probably aren't going to like the bacon bra either :)

who knew there were some many uses for this wonderful food product?

Attachments

• bacon bra.jpg
    bacon bra.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3
then you probably aren't going to like the bacon bra either :)

who knew there were some many uses for this wonderful food product?
You're right...can't say the pic of the bacon bra does much for me.... Now, show me a man wrapped in bacon....that's a whole different story....:cool:

You're right...can't say the pic of the bacon bra does much for me.... Now, show me a man wrapped in bacon....that's a whole different story....:cool:
I have 2 lbs of bacon in the freezer. Let me check and see what dh2b is willing to do for his lady Freebird. :LOL:
Any last minute warnings for dh2b from the guys ? :cool:

I have 2 lbs of bacon in the freezer. Let me check and see what dh2b is willing to do for his lady Freebird. :LOL:
Any last minute warnings for dh2b from the guys ? :cool:

Nope - long as you figure 2# is enough bacon he's in good shape. reminds me of an old joke about how long 8" is.....

DH2B in his Internet debut

He didn't feel a thing. I defrosted the bacon first.
His right hand looks ready to...oh never mind. :whistle:

Attachments

• DH2Bacon.JPG
    DH2Bacon.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 226
Back
Top Bottom