Join Early Retirement Today

Bacon Peanut Brittle
Old 04-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #401
Full time employment: Posting here.

Bacon Peanut Brittle

Bacon Peanut Brittles

- R. Earth
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #402
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

bbbamI blt....

Old 06-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #403

Mo's Dark Bacon Bar. This has been referenced before but I didn't see a picture.

Taken at Whole Foods Market of all places. The fact that they sell this must mean it has healthful properties and will make us live longer.

The fact that I am thinking about this forum while shopping at Whole Foods Market must mean I have unresolved issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg choccolate bacon.jpg (381.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #404
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Mo's Dark Bacon Bar:

It was surely only a matter of time! Following the huge popularity of Mo's Bacon Bar in deep milk chocolate, we can present the newest member of the exotic candy bar family. With the same applewood smoked bacon and Alder wood smoked salt as its famous relative, the beautifully rich 62% dark chocolate encases these tantalizing flavors.

Mo's Dark Bacon Bar: applewood smoked bacon + Alder wood smoked salt + dark chocolate
62% cacao
3oz.

consume within 6 months

Mo's response...

"I began experimenting with bacon + chocolate at the tender age of 6, while eating chocolate chip pancakes drenched in Aunt Jemima® syrup, as children often do. Beside my chocolate-laden cakes laid three strips of sizzlin' bacon, just barely touching a sweet pool of maple syrup. And then, the magic—just a bite of the bacon was too salty and I yearned for the sweet kiss of chocolate and syrup, so I combined the two. In retrospect, perhaps this was a turning point; for on that plate something magical happened, the beginnings of a combination so ethereal and delicious that it would haunt my thoughts until I found the medium to express it—chocolate.

From there, it was just a matter of time…and what began as a love of salt and sweet quickly unraveled into an obsession. No sooner could I wait to unveil the royal coupling in solid bar form, a deep milk chocolate with bits and pieces of applewood smoked bacon and just a sprinkling of Alder salt. Really, what doesn't taste better with bacon?"
Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
The fact that I am thinking about this forum while shopping at Whole Foods Market must mean I have unresolved issues.
Ahhhh - don't we all think about the ER forum when "bacon-anything" comes to mind?? Or pancakes? Or fuzzy bunnies? Or buddamulk?
Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #406
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireup2020 View Post
Ahhhh - don't we all think about the ER forum when "bacon-anything" comes to mind?? Or pancakes? Or fuzzy bunnies? Or buddamulk?
Oh yeah.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pancake_bunny.jpg (73.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #407
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Oh yeah.
I'm with you...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bunnytrap1.jpg (65.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #408

I am seriously thinking of going. I haven't discussed it with my spousal unit yet but hey, she wants a vacation! Dangly bacon earrings and bacon wrapping paper are news to me, too.

ps - country ham is no bacon level contender.

Mike D.

washingtonpost.com

- R. Earth
Old 07-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #409
Give me a forum ...

Old 07-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #410

Try this one:

Wrap a small piece of bacon around a slice of water chestnut. Skewer the combo with a toothpick and jam a small piece of pineapple on the end of the toothpick. Do this a whole bunch of times and put them all on a tray in the oven. Temperature and time to your liking, but you just want to cook the bacon a little bit.

They make great appetizers.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #411
Give me a forum ...

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
-Doug Larson-
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Finally, An Unappealing Bacon Experience
Old 07-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #412

Finally, An Unappealing Bacon Experience

The Great Bacon Odyssey: Bacon, the Other Crispy Brown Meat | GeekDad | Wired.com

I would have cooked it in a pan in it's own puddle of grease, contrary to his instructions.

Mike D.

- R. Earth
Old 07-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #413

OK, I have been a forum member for 1.5 years and I do not get why bacon is such an inside joke. I like breakfast as much as the next gal, but what makes bacon more special than, say, sausage, beef jerky, or chocolate covered ants?

Amethyst
Old 07-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #414
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
OK, I have been a forum member for 1.5 years and I do not get why bacon is such an inside joke. I like breakfast as much as the next gal, but what makes bacon more special than, say, sausage, beef jerky, or chocolate covered ants?

Amethyst
LOL, why, my dear, I joined the forum when bacon was still young and cooked medium rare, to order. Read some threads from mid-2007 or earlier and see how it was used then. I'd be interested in your take on it.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #415

Quote:

Amethyst
Thanks for asking this, Amethyst. I've been wondering the same thing myself for a while! Please share your findings, if you can.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #416
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksr View Post
Thanks for asking this, Amethyst. I've been wondering the same thing myself for a while! Please share your findings, if you can.
Not sure that would be kosher bacon! Really, read old threads; hey, ksr, you were here when the DOW hit 14,000 for the first time; it was a different place then, bacon was in it's prime.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
Not sure that would be kosher bacon! Really, read old threads; hey, ksr, you were here when the DOW hit 14,000 for the first time; it was a different place then, bacon was in it's prime.
Well, I know about "wheee" (can I say that? ) but not about the bacon. I'll do some research in the old threads ...
Old 07-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #418
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Amethyst
I think because it goes well with pancakes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbbami[1].jpg (2.1 KB, 150 views)
Old 07-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #419

Quote:

Amethyst
Bacon can't be explained, only enjoyed...
Old 07-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #420

Hey, I'm a trained research analyst as well as a systems engineer - of course I read the first few pages of threads (why, why, why??) Still no wiser, although I thought I may have gotten on to something when my friend, Mr. Ha, was going on about his:

Jimmie Dean Hot Pork sausage needing to be turned.

But further posts didn't seem to enlarge upon that theme.

I guess I just don't like American bacon very much. I like English or Canadian bacon pretty well, but not "streaky."

It just blows my mind that there would be an immense Bacon thread, but nothing comparable for Chocolate. Clear proof that we need more women on the forum.

OK, so that topic's been done to a crisp, at least for me
Now, back to "what I won't miss about work"....And let us hear no further Whee-ing....every time someone Wheees, it pushes everybody's retirement date out another year....

Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaJoe View Post
LOL, why, my dear, I joined the forum when bacon was still young and cooked medium rare, to order. Read some threads from mid-2007 or earlier and see how it was used then. I'd be interested in your take on it.