Banner Ads

Westernskies

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The last few times I logged onto FIRE I have been [-]assaulted[/-] greeted with a banner ad for "Dump the Pump", an ad for the American Public Transportation Association. Clicking the link takes you to a website touting the moral superiority of public transportation. It's like something from Soviet Central Planning. I grit my teeth every time I see it. I worked hard my whole life so I wouldn't have to ride the damn bus. I'll enjoy driving on Dump the Pump Day, because all the [-]brainwashed lumpen proletariat[/-] citizens who lap up this pablum will be crammed together on the buses singing "Kumbaya" ...

But, maybe that's just me...

I don't see the ad. Firefox at work! :)

When I find out what day they want to boycott the pumps I'll be sure to fill up my gas guzzler Suburban with 7.4 litre engine. Drive around and will floor it every chance I get. My even drag my trailer around town for a good measure.

The last few times I logged onto FIRE I have been [-]assaulted[/-] greeted with a banner ad for "Dump the Pump", an ad for the American Public Transportation Association. Clicking the link takes you to a website touting the moral superiority of public transportation. It's like something from Soviet Central Planning. I grit my teeth every time I see it. I worked hard my whole life so I wouldn't have to ride the damn bus. I'll enjoy driving on Dump the Pump Day, because all the [-]brainwashed lumpen proletariat[/-] citizens who lap up this pablum will be crammed together on the buses singing "Kumbaya" ...

Give ad-block a go. Be warned however that it might have been
written by a member of the brainwashed lumpen proletariat :angel:

A lot of those ads are 'served' based on your geo location or maybe a keyword on the page you are reading. I've been seeing ads for tractors, home radiation detection kits and wrinkle products. Wanna trade?
Paleeze....?
:LOL:

I got a banner ad for "Lump Sum" somethingsomething that no doubt was triggered by the "lumpen proletariat" comment WS made! The banner ad generator tests a little low on the artificial intelligence quotients

Must be you. I got ads from Amex Bank, Comerica Bank and Ameritrade.

Don't those ads pay or generate income for this forum? :dance:

I got a banner ad for "Lump Sum" somethingsomething that no doubt was triggered by the "lumpen proletariat" comment WS made!

Shouldn't it have been a banner ad for [-]Lump Sum[/-] if it was looking for keywords? :D
The banner ad generator tests a little low on the artificial intelligence quotients
Or, maybe the ad generator is grading us on some kind of AI curve?:ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty good at ignoring the ads even though I don't block them. Had to look, Betty White wants to chat!

I'll enjoy driving on Dump the Pump Day, because all the [-]brainwashed lumpen proletariat[/-] citizens who lap up this pablum will be crammed together on the buses singing "Kumbaya" ...

:ROFLMAO:

Won't be catching me on that bus. I've already done my part for the "cause". I spent years commuting on the subway into DC. The cars were usually jam packed. No fun, particularly on hot summer days. Major BO issues.

Sometimes I had to work really late. The good thing was, the subway wasn't as crowded. The bad thing was most the workers had gone home and the wierdos were out.

I have never ridden the subway in D.C.

If you've ever ridden the subway in NYC or Boston, MA you'd appreciate the luxury of DC's Metro. At least your feet don't stick to the floor, and if you get on at one of the outer stations you can actually sit down.

Back
Top Bottom