Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #381
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pine View Post
Problem is Jason Hammel is pitching.
The Cubs should start warming up a reliever as Hammel takes the mound .

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #382

Don't forget, today is "Back to the Future" day - when Marty McFly went to the future and saw the famous announcement. That's gotta count for something.

Old 10-21-2015, 03:28 PM   #383
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I couldn't believe they bounced five straight breaking balls with two outs and a runner on third. When they lost the fifth one (and the third strike) and allowed that run, the entire tone of the game changed, and Wrigley went flat. Sadly, they planned to do it... play with fire, you get burned.
Now I'm gonna live in a world like that!" - World Like That, O.A.R.
nash031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #384
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash031 View Post
I couldn't believe they bounced five straight breaking balls with two outs and a runner on third. When they lost the fifth one (and the third strike) and allowed that run, the entire tone of the game changed, and Wrigley went flat. Sadly, they planned to do it... play with fire, you get burned.
Yeah. I was thinking, keep the ball sinking, but no need to get more and more wild each time. The irony of what would've been the third out reminded me that these after all are the Cubs.

Quote:
The Chicago Cubs added yet another signature play to their morbid postseason history when reliever Trevor Cahill bounced in a curveball which escaped catcher Miguel Montero, allowing the lead run to score the New York Mets' Game 3 victory in the NLCS on Tuesday
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs...ostseason-lore

But I'm positive. I'm hoping tonight is the start of a four game winning streak .
Old 10-21-2015, 03:38 PM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Yeah. I was thinking, keep the ball sinking, but no need to get more and more wild each time. The irony of what would've been the third out reminded me that these after all are the Cubs.

But I'm positive. I'm hoping tonight is the start of a four game winning streak .
I've been thinking, "I hate it when I'm right."

Quote:
I think the Cubs are going to struggle to score runs this series as they did in most of the games against the Mets that they won in the regular season. The difference is where the Mets were putting up 0s and 1s when they played the Cubs early in the year, they're putting up 3s and 4s now.

Thus, I would predict a Mets series win, and I'm not sure it'll get to seven games. In the post season, pitching and defense usually win out, and I think pitching is strongly in the Mets' favor.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #386
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash031 View Post
Some here are criticizing the catcher and IO think that is BS. Those pitches were crying to go to the wall.

I do think comparing these Cubs to past teams is ridiculous. That got farther than Theo thought they were going to this year. Good things to come.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:13 PM   #387
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Some here are criticizing the catcher and IO think that is BS. Those pitches were crying to go to the wall.

I do think comparing these Cubs to past teams is ridiculous. That got farther than Theo thought they were going to this year. Good things to come.
I think the pitch was officially ruled a wild pitch. But even Montero says he should have blocked the ball.

... New night. New game. Time to go on a winning streak of 1 .
Old 10-21-2015, 06:16 PM   #388

Quote:

Miggy had no chance on that pitch. Darn lucky to block the first four as well as he did.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #389

Note to Theo: Hendricks should be the number 5 pitcher next year and Hammel should be wearing a different uniform.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:49 PM   #390
Give me a forum ...

Hammel should be the first player released after tonight .
Old 10-21-2015, 07:55 PM   #391
Give me a forum ...

It's over! Same old Cubs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flag.jpg (6.9 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #392

Quote:
It's over! Same old Cubs.
Unfortunately I think you are right. 6 to 0 and it's only the top of the third. I'm so bored, I'm reading this forum during the game.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:18 PM   #393
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
Unfortunately I think you are right. 6 to 0 and it's only the top of the third. I'm so bored, I'm reading this forum during the game.
I remembered to cancel my Sling TV subscription. At least I can watch AMC or the History channel until the subscription ends in Nov.

The Cubs can say all they want about the young players not nervous under the moment, but it looks like the Cardinals series was their world series. The Mets ate their lunch, plain and simple.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #394

Quote:
I remembered to cancel my Sling TV subscription. At least I can watch AMC or the History channel until the subscription ends in Nov.

The Cubs can say all they want about the young players not nervous under the moment, but it looks like the Cardinals series was their world series. The Mets ate their lunch, plain and simple.
Get it. I still say it is great experience for next year. Hopefully this taste leaves them wanting more.

BTW, I surf the web watching any baseball game. To slow of a game to hold my entire attention.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #395
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Get it. I still say it is great experience for next year. Hopefully this taste leaves them wanting more.

BTW, I surf the web watching any baseball game. To slow of a game to hold my entire attention.
Yeah. Great experience for next year. I was just still watching hoping for the near rally. Bases loaded with no outs but then only 1 run. I'm guilty. Diehard Cubs fan.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:06 PM   #396
Give me a forum ...

And no runs in the 6th because Soler didn't run out a weak fly that dropped fair. The season is over if they don't win, not sure what he's saving his energy for.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:10 PM   #397
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
And no runs in the 6th because Soler didn't run out a weak fly that dropped fair. The season is over if they don't win, not sure what he's saving his energy for.
Yeah. The simple things like Fowler not running out the weak fly that the Cubs did all year.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:25 PM   #398
Give me a forum ...

Right, Fowler, not Soler. My mistake. I don't stay mad at errors, swinging at bad pitches, etc, but just being lazy and not running out a ball, especially in a playoff elimination game, really irks me.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:28 PM   #399
Give me a forum ...

Such a disappointment. I feel for the suckers fans that paid good money going to the games where the Cubs didn't even lead once in the entire series .

Next year is THE year .
Baseball 2015
Old 10-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #400
Recycles dryer sheets

Baseball 2015

At least the Cubbies made it this far this year. Great season for them.