Baseball 2015

Well I am surprised but they took a small step forward last night.

Happy for the Astros. They and the Mets have been on the same plan as the Cubs. Suck for 4-5 years and get consistently high draft picks.

Plus they had to switch leagues.

Happy for the Astros. They and the Mets have been on the same plan as the Cubs. Suck for 4-5 years and get consistently high draft picks.

The Mets and Cubs didnt switch leagues

If they hadn't, no playoffs this year--given that they were in the NL Central.... (Interesting that, per wiki, Astros still have the second highest number of NLCentral "titles.")

If I was the manager for either team of tonights Cubs vs Pirates game, any lead whatsoever, I'd start substituting to put the best defense on the mound. Both aces have to ability to completely shut the other team down.

If I was the manager for either team of tonights Cubs vs Pirates game, any lead whatsoever, I'd start substituting to put the best defense on the mound. Both aces have to ability to completely shut the other team down.

Am hopeful for Cubs but not confident. Pirates have a very good bullpen, they are a few years ahead of Cubs on the "plan".

Remember the Back to the Future clip on the Cub's winning the WS. Maybe I should place a bet....

Last edited:
Am hopeful for Cubs but not confident. Pirates have a very good bullpen, they are a few years ahead of Cubs on the "plan".

That's why I think a one game series with Arrietta on the mound against the Pirates suits the Cubs well. A seven game serious, not so certain about.

Maybe another Hewitt employee will lose the series for the Cubbies

Cubs have won 17 of Arriettas last 18 starts. He has a 0.89 ERA in that time frame. In his last 12 starts his ERA is 0.40. I believe thats the vest 12 game stretch in baseball history.

In a 1 game playoff like this, the Cubs could not possible be in a better position (and Im a Pirate fan).

Cubs have won 17 of Arriettas last 18 starts. He has a 0.89 ERA in that time frame. In his last 12 starts his ERA is 0.40. I believe thats the vest 12 game stretch in baseball history.

In a 1 game playoff like this, the Cubs could not possible be in a better position (and Im a Pirate fan).

Also, the last time Arrietta faced the Pirates, didn't he carry a perfect game to the 7th inning? Yet, because he's been on such a roll is what scares me as a Cubs fan as all good things must end sometime. Hopefully gonna be a great game.

I'm thinking the upcoming Cubs/Cards series is gonna go 7 games. A very good tug of war.

Last edited:
I wore a T-shirt that I'd uncovered in the process of moving. It dates from 1996 and the promo was "Harry Unplugged" (the summer tour). A cool logo of Harry singing at the mike and the season schedule on the back. I'd originally bought two (they were offered in white and black) but the white one has seen way better days. The black one is like new, so I went with that.

It was great how many smiles and "Holy Cow!"s that got in the store and bar.

My oh my, what a wonderful day!

Wow, both Texas teams are in the playoffs but since they are both AL teams, only one "could" make it to the WS. Personally, I'd like to see one of them make it (prefer the Astro's but the Rangers would be okay with me) and play the Cubs on the NL side. If that were to happen :nonono:, I could not lose since I'd be happy with any of them winning it all.

I guess I just like long shots.

I have said the Cubs are not built to win it all this year because of the starting pitching. The "wildcard" is that the Cardinals are pretty beat up.

Like I have said before this is at the very least a great experience for the Cubs kids.

I wore a T-shirt that I'd uncovered in the process of moving. It dates from 1996 and the promo was "Harry Unplugged" (the summer tour). A cool logo of Harry singing at the mike and the season schedule on the back. I'd originally bought two (they were offered in white and black) but the white one has seen way better days. The black one is like new, so I went with that.

It was great how many smiles and "Holy Cow!"s that got in the store and bar.

My oh my, what a wonderful day!

I fear that fewer and fewer of us remember listening to Cardinals games with both Harry and Jack Buck at the KMOX microphone. :)

I fear that fewer and fewer of us remember listening to Cardinals games with both Harry and Jack Buck at the KMOX microphone. :)

Certainly remember Harry from all those years ago, but don't recall listening to him on the radio in so. Indiana.

Did watch many games on TV with Dizzy Dean and PeeWee Reese doing the play-by-play and commentary...

Last edited:

Another thing I found during the move was a VHS tape I'd recorded called "When Harry Met Baseball". It still plays and devotes a lot of time to his fond recollections of the days in St. Louis.

Its a 5 game series so may go 5 games

Thanks for the correction. Being a Cubs fan, as you can tell I haven't followed playoff baseball in a while :).

Back
Top Bottom