Be stupid, make money

Webzter

Full time employment: Posting here.
This is going to hurt the ol' profit sharing (Fireman's Fund is a sister company of ours)

Prankster dentist wins tusk case - Peculiar Postings - MSNBC.com

Summary:

Dental assistant goes under for a procedure. While under, dentist puts some boar's tusks in her mouth and snaps some pictures. He takes them out but the tusks make their way around the office.

Dental assistant quits and sues dentist. Fireman's Fund refuses to cover his claim (apparently, for some stupid reason, they don't think practical jokes are part of running a dental practice :rolleyes:). Dentist settles out of court for $250k with his ex-assistant and then sues Fireman's Fund. Jury sides with said dentist, supreme court upholds the ruling stating:

Supreme Court Justice Mary Fairhurst wrote that Woo’s practical joke was an integral, if odd, part of the assistant’s dental surgery and “conceivably” should trigger the professional liability coverage of his policy.

I've got some integral, if odd, corrective program lined up too. :bat:

One MILLLLLION dollars.

Now he can go get some frickin sharks with frickin laser beams on their heads.

Don't you wish that poor dental assistant could FIRE so she never has to work for another idiot again?

There was a movie where a doctor and patient colluded to win a suite for $15M. This sounds like it in real life.

Don't you wish that poor dental assistant could FIRE so she never has to work for another idiot again?

I had 2 dental implants installed in April. The crowns will be installed in a few more months. The cost is very high and dental insurance covers nothing.

I wish that oral surgeon did my implants. Rather than costing a bunch, I could have made $. Actually, I might have even settled for the boars teeth; at least until the first settlement check came in. :D

Back
Top Bottom