Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-13-2008, 09:14 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I like flannel too. However I sleep really hot. They just overheat me. Prefer the lighter cotton sheets.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Maybe because your head is on fire!

I sleep hot too.....
Old 07-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post

I sleep hot too.....
Its a good thing.

La tavola e il letto non hanno restrizioni.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #24

Quote:

I sleep hot too.....

Old 07-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #25
Gone but not forgotten

Me & my night sweats
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cho0069l.jpg (18.1 KB, 55 views)
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Me & my night sweats
LOL ya that sums it up. My head sweats so bad. I have a buzz cut too. Ya really scuba gear is perfect
Old 07-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #27

Soft sheets do make such a big difference don't they? We live in a "serviced apartment" here in Tokyo. Mostly the sheets are very nice, but occasionally we get a batch that are either too new or have been starched - I can hardly sleep. I love having the luxury of housekeeping, but it is strange not to be in control of my own sheets!

Also, ha, have you considered using a duvet cover instead of a top sheet? We have that here and it is so great - no tangled sheets!

I'll keep all the good info you got in mind, we'll need new sheets when we get back to the states.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Bed Bath & Beyond Product Styles

I am very particular about my sheets. I just love these...I have the Pure Beach 100% Modal 250 thread count. They feel wonderful, very soft...............
Went in to the sorta local BB&B store and checked these out - thought they would be great when my honey gets home this Wednesday night. Unfortunately, they didn't have them in Navy sateen king size, just in jersey knit, which feels like very soft stretchy light T-shirt cloth - not the thing for us - she's a great generator in the winter, but a bit warm in summer.... The other size Pure Beech sateen fabric didn't feel quite like i remember tencel - gonna get the more educated hand to check them out - she finds some information indicating that at least some tencel is made from eucalyptus trees, while these sheets are made from Beech - dunno if it makes a difference or not. For a Franklin i druther they were as right as can be.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

I understand completely. They have to pass the touch test for me....and you have to keep your lady happy.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Thanks for all the great replies. I had to run out and buy a set yesterday because the borrowed ones didn't fit. I got some nice single ply 400TC all cotton sheets at the store Moe recommended-TJ Maxx- for $40 for the set. I was very pleasantly surprised and enjoyed a nice sleep last night.

Shiny- I saw the term Duvet cover when looking on the web, but I didn't know what it was. I'll check it our for my extra set.

A great thing about this size -(queen)- bed for me is that I no longer push the bedding loose at the foot of the bed like I did with a double.

Ha
Old 07-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

We love T-shirt sheets, very soft. They are more pliable than typical sheets and just feel comfortable. I have real trouble sleeping in hotels on business travel with typical sheets now, they feel cold and scratchy.
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:34 AM   #32
Dryer sheet aficionado

-Overstocks.com--but read the reviews! Descriptions mean nothing.
-Costco--more expensive than Overstocks but fantastic quality.
-Duvet covers are the BEST if you sleep with a comforter! Changes the look of your room instantly and half the work to make the bed! PS-If you live near an IKEA store, I had a nice inviting dorm room in college vie their clearance duvet covers. Sold them on at graduation too!
thaidyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:31 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post

Shiny- I saw the term Duvet cover when looking on the web, but I didn't know what it was. I'll check it our for my extra set.

Ha
Duvet = a large pillow case type thing that you slip a comforter in....it serves as both a top sheet and a top covering for your bed.

My daughter uses only a duvet cover (European way) no top sheet. Also, when in Germany and Austria this past spring we stayed at hotels that had queen sized beds, but used only twin sized duvet covers. Two twin sized duvets per queen sized bed. I liked that method since I hate heavy blankets on my legs and feet. Plus, I hate wrestling with putting a queen or king sized heavy comforter into the duvet....that's too much work. The smaller duvet was just right and since each person has their own blanket, there is no problem with anyone hogging the covers.

They made up the bed with the twin duvets folded at the bottom of the bed. It wasn't really pretty, but very practical and I liked it....simple...simple.
happy2bretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #34

We get our cotton sateen sheets at Costco and have been using the same set for six years now. They've held up beautifully to weekly washings and were about $65 for a Cal King set. They're also deep enough for our mattress plus foam topper, (17" deep) so should work for yours, too, if you get tired of the TJ Maxx set.

Best sheets I ever slept on were 100% linen at a youth hostel in Italy, line-dried in the Ligurian sun. I've looked into linen sheets for our bed but they're waaay too expensive, and cheap linen is too scratchy.