Beefcake alert

In the current environment of civility we will have to agree to disagree on that one. When I picture a handsome woman I think of someone along the lines of Dame Wendy Hiller.

If you say so, but I don't think we disagree. I am saying she is not just another slender young woman with big boobs: she is a lot more interesting looking and likely to be attractive for a lot longer as a reult.

Funny how men can be complimentary and we womenfolk can see it as different, Cattus and Brewer. Reminds me of a conversation I was having with a buddy about Grace Potter. He called her full-figured and statuesque, thinking that he was referring to her height. I told him that might explain why he's not getting any second dates! Grace Potter is hot stuff, and not remotely "full-figured"!

Attachments

• Grace-Potter1.jpg
    Grace-Potter1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1
  • grace-potter-acl-vh1.jpg
    grace-potter-acl-vh1.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 2
I agree...this beautiful girl is exactly what "full-figured" should mean. She is what my dad called "fully filled out" meaning a terrific figure.

Oh, but we were discussing men's figures, not women's. I go for the tall, leggy, narrow-wedge-shaped types, myself. This fellow will always remain my ideal:

Legends of Cinema - Christopher Reeve

Amethyst

FReminds me of a conversation I was having with a buddy about Grace Potter. He called her full-figured and statuesque, !

The older I get the more I just plain like men who really like women. After guys (like women) get a few knocks and some bad baggage caused by a woman, heck! if they still like us then they are usually okay by me.:whistle:

The older I get the more I just plain like men who really like women. After guys (like women) get a few knocks and some bad baggage caused by a woman, heck! if they still like us then they are usually okay by me.:whistle:

Well, some of my best friends are women.

If you say so, but I don't think we disagree. I am saying she is not just another slender young woman with big boobs: she is a lot more interesting looking and likely to be attractive for a lot longer as a reult.

Understand it was meant to be a flattering comment, but despite the bona-fide definition, the word "handsome" still strikes [-]a negative connotation[/-] fear in the minds of many women. Thank you for the inadvertent thread jack...I stumbled across this thread:

a handsome woman? - WordReference Forums

Maybe "handsome" used to describe a female is not so bad at all!

Understand it was meant to be a flattering comment, but despite the bona-fide definition, the word "handsome" still strikes [-]a negative connotation[/-] fear in the minds of many women.

Better "handsome" than "fugly," no?

Tom Jones version of You Can Leave your Hat On...oh, yeah, Tommy boy, sing it! He has such rehearsed sexuality....but who cares cause he's still got it (face lifts and all)
I just LOVE how he belts that one out! The best version EVER IMO.

Funny how men can be complimentary and we womenfolk can see it as different, Cattus and Brewer. Reminds me of a conversation I was having with a buddy about Grace Potter. He called her full-figured and statuesque, thinking that he was referring to her height. I told him that might explain why he's not getting any second dates! Grace Potter is hot stuff, and not remotely "full-figured"!

This is one of those situations where I believe it should be illegal to wear the American flag. :angel:

I agree...this beautiful girl is exactly what "full-figured" should mean. She is what my dad called "fully filled out" meaning a terrific figure.

Oh, but we were discussing men's figures, not women's. I go for the tall, leggy, narrow-wedge-shaped types, myself. This fellow will always remain my ideal:

Legends of Cinema - Christopher Reeve

Amethyst

Does it matter which direction the wedge is pointing? :whistle:

"Full figured" means not anorexic. :nonono:

Remember when the movie "Titantic" was released? And the big media flap about Kate Winslet's alleged "overweight" ? Gimme a break. :nonono:

Speaking of "statuesque", this lady was the cat's pajamas. Pun intended. ;)
http://www.filmbug.com/db/183902-4

Kate Winslet and Emma Thompson have always impressed me because they refused to conform to Hollywood body standards.

If "full figured" means "full breasts and hips," then not being full-figured doesn't necessarily mean being dangerously thin or anorexic. If it did, I would be considered anorexic, and I'm certainly not that.

Stepping back, it's kind of funny even to consider "Hollywood's weight standards" remotely applying to the rest of us :confused: Thank goodness, they don't! The medical community allows a broad healthy weight range for every height. For example, I could gain or lose 15 pounds, and still be in my range. My healthy weight doesn't match what looks good on a movie screen, but I don't have to appear in movies.

Amethyst

"Full figured" means not anorexic. :nonono:

Speaking of "statuesque", this lady was the cat's pajamas. Pun intended. ;)
Julie Newmar Photos & Posters - Filmbug

Back
Top Bottom