Being shocked - shocked! - that an actress looks older

I am going to be 60 later this month. ( female)

But I still do it occasionally to see what happens. Then I exhale and go on with my life.

Gues you are not "Waiting to exhale":flowers:

What a coy remark. Examples, please?

I've found that having something interesting to say generally gets me in trouble...

Last edited:

No need to be coy, Roy... 😬

One example: while sharing a few bottles of wine with friends, some of whom are nurses, I mentioned the new studies that conclude that dietary cholesterol, saturated fat, and fat in general, are not well associated with circulatory diseases. They looked at me like I was from Mars...

Change subject to who's winning on Dancing with the Stars, which I might have watched once...

Me to one of the lady skaters who came by one day without skates and dressed, hair down, lipstick etc.. Gee I have never seen you dressed up before.:cool:

Oh heavens, that's another version of the oldest "oops" line in the book...how many times have I heard, and laughed at, "Gee, you look really different with your clothes on!" from someone who only ever saw me in the gym.

Now, just the other day, a man informed me, by way of a compliment, that I dress better to go to the gym than he does to go to work. Again, I cracked up (imagining him wearing my 2-piece gym outfit, colorful shoes, and bead bracelets and necklaces to his place of work).

Me to one of the lady skaters who came by one day without skates and dressed, hair down, lipstick etc.. Gee I have never seen you dressed up before.:cool:

I guess they aren't really interested in discussing medical science, then! Being in the health care arena, they should be aware of those studies which have been all over the news. You said nothing wrong!

No need to be coy, Roy... 😬

One example: while sharing a few bottles of wine with friends, some of whom are nurses, I mentioned the new studies that conclude that dietary cholesterol, saturated fat, and fat in general, are not well associated with circulatory diseases. They looked at me like I was from Mars...

Change subject to who's winning on Dancing with the Stars, which I might have watched once...

No need to be coy, Roy... ��

Were the nurses ladies? Then they were from Venus....

yuk, yuk, yuk....

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But yes - I'm sure what you said came as a complete and total shock. They likely never have heard this.

I know the feeling. When I chose a mate, second only to physical attraction was the ability to deal with whatever happens to issue from my brain via my mouth...one hopeful admirer actually bought a dictionary, since he had no clue what I was saying at times...

Amethyst

True that!

I suppose the point is that the things I find interesting are not universally shared...

I know the feeling. When I chose a mate, second only to physical attraction was the ability to deal with whatever happens to issue from my brain via my mouth...one hopeful admirer actually bought a dictionary, since he had no clue what I was saying at times...

Amethyst

You dated Joey Tribbiani? 😜

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I watched a movie named Margin Call this afternoon while I rowed then ate lunch. I had never heard of it. Demi Moore played a Wall Street risk analyst. She was wearing little makeup, a severe hairstyle, and straight up business clothing. She is nevertheless beautiful. I think she is 52 now, but perhaps 48 when she filmed it. It helps to have good bones.

Also, this is an excellent movie on Amazon Prime list

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Now, just the other day, a man informed me, by way of a compliment, that I dress better to go to the gym than he does to go to work. Again, I cracked up (imagining him wearing my 2-piece gym outfit, colorful shoes, and bead bracelets and necklaces to his place of work).

Too much to leave to our imagination here...we need a photo! :D

I know, right? So if you can talk him into putting on the outfit, you are welcome to take that photo yourself.
Too much to leave to our imagination here...we need a photo! :D

Back
Top Bottom