Join Early Retirement Today

Belief-O-Matic -- A personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beliefs
Old 07-25-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Belief-O-Matic -- A personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beliefs

Not sure how your beliefs stack up against the major cults religions? go to http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html and take the test! You'll soon know whether you are a bomb throwing Islamofacist or dope smoking Rastafarian! Its fun, quick, and informative, give it a try!

Warning: Belief-O-Matic™ assumes no legal liability for the ultimate fate of your soul!!!.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Belief-O-Matic -- A personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beli
Old 07-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Re: Belief-O-Matic -- A personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beli

Dang, 100% match on Secular Humanist. I was hoping for the dope smoking Rastafarian!
SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Belief-O-Matic -- A personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beliefs
Old 07-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Re: Belief-O-Matic -- A personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beliefs

Oops, a liberal christian protestant -- there went 12 years of Catholic schooling!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

Whoa, i'm an Orthodox Quaker. I do like oatmeal....

Marshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshac
Whoa, i'm an Orthodox Quaker. I do like oatmeal....

Yes. I can see the Quaker tendancy in thee.
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:27 PM   #6

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeeeee
Yes.* I can see the Quaker tendancy in thee.* *
I suppose this means I need one of those quaker hats. Seriously, after reading the description.... other than our shared love of oatmeal, no way. The 'Liberal Quakers' (supposedly my #3) were closer to what I think. Weird.
Marshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:03 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

liberal mainline protestant...hmm, converted Catholic, maybe it didn't take?
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:59 AM   #8

I thought I was a athiest or agnostic. Seems I'm a Unitarian. Is there a difference?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:28 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

1.* Orthodox Quaker (100%)*
2.* Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (92%)*

Bet you all thought I would be a far right fundie type!
Old 07-26-2006, 03:34 AM   #10

funny! I got 100% Liberal Protestant and 99% Orthodox Quaker...
..erm, but I'm a semi-practicing Catholic.

The Quaker notions seem to be advancing in popularity.
ladelfina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:21 AM   #11

Interesting ...... 89% Secular Humanist

Dogs aren't our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. - Roger Caras
Outtahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:14 AM   #12
Recycles dryer sheets

My wife and I did this a while ago.

I came out as Secular Humanist.

She is Catholic, but I have always kidded her about acting more Jewish than Catholic. So, she takes the test and comes out as Orthodox Jewish.* Too funny.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:35 AM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via AIM to yelnad Send a message via Yahoo to yelnad

I always get the same results:

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (89%)
3. Liberal Quakers (87%)

I was raised Catholic and my mother is now an American Baptist Minister. Rebel much?
Old 07-26-2006, 06:41 AM   #14
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

100% secular humanist (and closet dope-smoking Rastafarian).

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:42 AM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Hmmm, Reform Judaism. *After reading about it, though, I like it. *Do I get to wear one of those little hats? *And perhaps no more barbecue...on second thought...

I also got 100% on Bahai Faith, Unitarian, and 99% on Liberal Quaker.
Interesting....thanks for the link!
Sarah

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:54 AM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Hmmm

Neo-pagan. Maybe I'd better take the test again when I'm not in such a good mood.

Or just find a good long term(hopefully) storage for my wooden boat, flaming arrows and Mead.

How long does Mead store anyway - more like beer than wine I suppose.

heh heh heh
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick2
How long does Mead store anyway - more like beer than wine I suppose.

heh heh heh
It is basically wine and can be made in a range of styles from light and dry to extremely alcoholic and sweet. I have a 5 gallon keg of mead that I bumped up to 16 to 18% alcohol (could have bumped it up more but didn't want to end up with rocket fuel) and have left aging for the past 5 or 6 years. I haven't checked it in a long time, but when I get around to it, I plan on adding some honey to sweeten it and finish it in a port style.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:02 AM   #18
Recycles dryer sheets

Hinduist 100%
Mahayana buddhist 94%

Must have been the curry I ate for lunch.
mikew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:06 AM   #19
Give me a forum ...

100% Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic. 98% Orthodox Quaker and Mainline to Conservative Protestant.

The Jesuits did their duty with me.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:47 AM   #20

100% Unitarian, 95% Secular Humanist, 89% Buddhist, 85% mainline Protestant. Works for me, apparently

I read somewhere online this week that Pennsylvania allows religious services in their public parks as long as there's no prosetylizing. Come to think of it, I vaguely recall Christian services being offered in some of the parks I've camped in over the years. I can't find that article now, but here's a qoute from another article about services in a particular PA state park:

"The Chaplains in State Parks Program began in Pennsylvania more than 41 years ago at the invitation of Parks Secretary Dr. Maurice Goddard. This statewide ministry program is coordinated by the Pennsylvania Council of Churches. Activities at specific sites are directed by local committees within those areas. The Chaplains in the Parks continue to function under a Special Activities Agreement with the Pennsylvania State Department of Conservation and Natural Resources."

I have mixed feelings about this--positive, negative, and neutral. Mostly it seems sweet, but I can imagine it being misused. Wonder what would happen if a non-Christian group asked to hold regular services under this program. Here in Charleston there's a tradition of Protestant ministers doing an invocation (aka prayer/blessing) at the beginning of city council sessions. A local Secular Humanist presented the invocation at one session, and a couple of council members walked out. Here's a short article about that:
http://lowcountry.humanists.net/SEPS/sep-2003-04.html

(BTW, the S-H license slogan eventually became In Reason We Trust.)