Belief-O-Matic -- A personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beliefs

Alex

Full time employment: Posting here.
Not sure how your beliefs stack up against the major cults religions? go to http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html and take the test! You'll soon know whether you are a bomb throwing Islamofacist or dope smoking Rastafarian! Its fun, quick, and informative, give it a try!

Warning: Belief-O-Matic™ assumes no legal liability for the ultimate fate of your soul!!!.

Re: Belief-O-Matic -- A personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beli

Dang, 100% match on Secular Humanist. I was hoping for the dope smoking Rastafarian!

Oops, a liberal christian protestant -- there went 12 years of Catholic schooling!

Whoa, i'm an Orthodox Quaker. I do like oatmeal....

:confused:

sgeeeee said:
Yes.  I can see the Quaker tendancy in thee.   :)

I suppose this means I need one of those quaker hats. Seriously, after reading the description.... other than our shared love of oatmeal, no way. The 'Liberal Quakers' (supposedly my #3) were closer to what I think. Weird.

Re: Belief-O-Matic -- A personality quiz about your religious and spiritual beli

liberal mainline protestant...hmm, converted Catholic, maybe it didn't take?

I thought I was a athiest or agnostic. Seems I'm a Unitarian. Is there a difference?

1.  Orthodox Quaker (100%) 
2.  Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (92%) 

Bet you all thought I would be a far right fundie type! :D

funny! I got 100% Liberal Protestant and 99% Orthodox Quaker...
..erm, but I'm a semi-practicing Catholic.

The Quaker notions seem to be advancing in popularity.

Interesting ...... 89% Secular Humanist

My wife and I did this a while ago.

I came out as Secular Humanist.

She is Catholic, but I have always kidded her about acting more Jewish than Catholic. So, she takes the test and comes out as Orthodox Jewish.  Too funny.

I always get the same results:

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (89%)
3. Liberal Quakers (87%)

I was raised Catholic and my mother is now an American Baptist Minister. Rebel much?

Hmmm, Reform Judaism.  After reading about it, though, I like it.  Do I get to wear one of those little hats?  And perhaps no more barbecue...on second thought...

I also got 100% on Bahai Faith, Unitarian, and 99% on Liberal Quaker.

Interesting....thanks for the link!
Sarah

Hmmm

Neo-pagan. Maybe I'd better take the test again when I'm not in such a good mood.

Or just find a good long term(hopefully) storage for my wooden boat, flaming arrows and Mead.

How long does Mead store anyway - more like beer than wine I suppose.

heh heh heh

unclemick2 said:
How long does Mead store anyway - more like beer than wine I suppose.

heh heh heh

It is basically wine and can be made in a range of styles from light and dry to extremely alcoholic and sweet. I have a 5 gallon keg of mead that I bumped up to 16 to 18% alcohol (could have bumped it up more but didn't want to end up with rocket fuel) and have left aging for the past 5 or 6 years. I haven't checked it in a long time, but when I get around to it, I plan on adding some honey to sweeten it and finish it in a port style.

Hinduist 100%
Mahayana buddhist 94%

Must have been the curry I ate for lunch.

100% Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic. 98% Orthodox Quaker and Mainline to Conservative Protestant.

The Jesuits did their duty with me.

100% Unitarian, 95% Secular Humanist, 89% Buddhist, 85% mainline Protestant. Works for me, apparently ;)

I read somewhere online this week that Pennsylvania allows religious services in their public parks as long as there's no prosetylizing. Come to think of it, I vaguely recall Christian services being offered in some of the parks I've camped in over the years. I can't find that article now, but here's a qoute from another article about services in a particular PA state park:

"The Chaplains in State Parks Program began in Pennsylvania more than 41 years ago at the invitation of Parks Secretary Dr. Maurice Goddard. This statewide ministry program is coordinated by the Pennsylvania Council of Churches. Activities at specific sites are directed by local committees within those areas. The Chaplains in the Parks continue to function under a Special Activities Agreement with the Pennsylvania State Department of Conservation and Natural Resources."

I have mixed feelings about this--positive, negative, and neutral. Mostly it seems sweet, but I can imagine it being misused. Wonder what would happen if a non-Christian group asked to hold regular services under this program. Here in Charleston there's a tradition of Protestant ministers doing an invocation (aka prayer/blessing) at the beginning of city council sessions. A local Secular Humanist presented the invocation at one session, and a couple of council members walked out. Here's a short article about that:
http://lowcountry.humanists.net/SEPS/sep-2003-04.html

(BTW, the S-H license slogan eventually became In Reason We Trust.)

I'm 100% Unitarian. 93% Liberal Quaker.

That's not a big surprise, but how I got 93% Mainline to Liberaal Christian Protestant must be a mistake.

Secular Humanist was only 82% and that's what I thought I would score highest on - I must have gotten soft in my old age.

1. Secular Humanism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (99%)
3. Nontheist (96%)
4. Liberal Quakers (89%)
5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (86%)

Interesting.

brewer12345 said:
It is basically wine and can be made in a range of styles from light and dry to extremely alcoholic and sweet.  I have a 5 gallon keg of mead that I bumped up to 16 to 18% alcohol (could have bumped it up more but didn't want to end up with rocket fuel) and have left aging for the past 5 or 6 years.  I haven't checked it in a long time, but when I get around to it, I plan on adding some honey to sweeten it and finish it in a port style.

Wow, we need to get together when you are ready to tap that! That's enough to make a rhino black out!

I couldn't make it past the first few questions! Too much trouble - I actually have to think.

Anyway - I gave up. What does that make me? LOL!

Audrey

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Secular Humanism (98%)
3. Liberal Quakers (94%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (92%)
5. Theravada Buddhism (90%)
6. Nontheist (86%)

Hmmm... not too surprising, except the "mainline to liberal christian protestants". The rest of em I could easily see myself going to a few meetings of their respective cults.

Holy Crap! - I just read the description of Secular Humanism and that is almost 100% my beliefs in a nutshell. Anybody know where they meet on Sundays? I could really get into that cult! Now I have a response to the "religion" question - "I'm a secular humanist". Never knew there was a title like that. Epiphany moment for me. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom