possibly 13 18.31%
yes, there is ghosts 9 12.68%
i have proof!!! 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Re: believe in ghosts
Old 03-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

I'm enjoying that this thread has stayed under "FIRE and Money".

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I often wondered why Mom chose to appear to me at Billy Bob's! She was never in Texas; didn't even drink!

Glad you all enjoyed my tale -- even now, some 14 years later, it gives me a sense of comfort.

However, the night that this happened I called my Dad to tell him the details. He was quiet for a few moments and then, in all seriousness, said to me: "I believe every word because I know that your Mom would be around for you. But, you probably shouldn't tell that story to anyone else, Hon, because frankly, people will think you're nuts!"

Like I said, I have a bunch of questions when I "cross over"...I just hope it isn't in the real near future!

Old 03-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever51
I often wondered why Mom chose to appear to me at Billy Bob's! She was never in Texas; didn't even drink!
Cognitive dissonance. So that you would have an emotional component to remember it by.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toejam
People may think I'm cuckoo, but I do think there may be such things as "spirits" . In February 2002, I began sleeping in another bedroom of my house. On 2 different occasions, the lightweight folding screen divider in the room (next to the bed) fell on top of me while I was sleeping. Both times, it was 4:00 am in the morning when this happened. A few days after that, I was in the kitchen washing dishes; when I turned to place the "just washed" dish on another section of the kitchen counter, I couldn't move or pivot my foot because there was something there. But when I looked down, I saw nothing. Before I bought the house, the elderly man who sold it to me said that his wife had died suddenly and unexpectedly in the kitchen, and his teenage son had died (natural causes) while mowing the lawn in the backyard. Maybe their spirits are still lingering around the house? Needless to say, I don't sleep in that bedroom anymore. Thankfully, I haven't experienced any further unexplained happenings in my home.
Are you sure you weren't asleep when this happened to you? Not to deny what you've posted but I once fell into the trap of believing a similar story my tenant told me only to find out that the tenant suffered a severe mental break down three weeks later.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate
I'm enjoying that this thread has stayed under "FIRE and Money".
It would appear this thread has been spirited away to some "Other" place...

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:49 PM   #26
Full time employment: Posting here.

A ghost sighting, right here! We have proof before our eyes!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #27
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADJ
Are you sure you weren't asleep when this happened to you? Not to deny what you've posted but I once fell into the trap of believing a similar story my tenant told me only to find out that the tenant suffered a severe mental break down three weeks later.
Yeah, I was asleep until the folding screen fell on me and woke me up (startled me), and I had to turn the lights on and set it back up. No, it was not imaginary and I was not dreaming. And I've never had any emotional or mental breakdowns. I'm very stable - actually, a pretty relaxed, calm, and easy-going person. Worked over 30 years, have excellent employment history, and was able to "retire early" at age 50 three years ago. And I never really thought much about "spirits" or ghosts, or any of these kinds of things until this happened.