Ben Franklin - FIREman

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Quote from: SteveR on July 27, 2005, 01:55:07 PM
"Beer is proof that God loves and and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Ben is my favorite of all time.

Probably more than a few here know he just about invented FIRE.
I mean more than the volunteer fire department idea he came up with, but yeah what we're all doing or trying to do some day. He FIREd and used his time to improve himself and the world around him....Thanks Ben! for all you did and for being a FIREman...this Leinenkugel is for you.

"I am settling my old accounts and hope soon to be quite the master of my own time, and no longer (as the song has it) at every one's call but my own."
"I am in a fair way of having no other tasks than such as I shall like to give myself, and of enjoying what I look upon as a great happiness, leisure to read, study, make experiments, and converse at large with such ingenious and worthy men (don't you worry none, he did a lot of interacting with women also) as are pleased to honour me with their friendship or acquaintance, on such points as may produce something for the common benefit of mankind, uninterrupted by the cares and fatigues of business". BF

:) DanTien

Brando - How he spent his Early Retirement time.

Brando engages Kathie in conversation in the restaurant, pressing her for a date that evening and an invitation to Carbonville's dance. In response, the hard-working waitress questions the untamed leader of the gang about where the ER bikers are going, and what they do when they ride around. He is incredulous as he teases her about her conventional lifestyle and attitudes:

Kathie: What do you do all day in early retirement?
Brando: (scoffing) Oh man, we just go.
Kathie: Just trying to make conversation. It means nothing to me.
Brando: Well, we go out and have a ball.

Kathie: And what do you do? I mean, do you just ride around? Or do you go on some sort of a picnic or something?
Brando: A picnic? Man, you are too square. I'll have to straighten you out. Now, listen, you don't go any one special place. That's cornball style. You just go. (He snaps his fingers.)...you just...the idea is to have a ball. Now if you gonna stay cool, you got to wail. You got to put somethin' down. You got to make some jive. Don't you know what I'm talkin' about?

Envious of his ability to move on whenever he wishes, Kathie tells him she knows what he means: "My father was going to take me on a fishing trip to Canada once...We didn't go."

Don't forget to just go outside have a ball, wail and put something down!!!

DanTien :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom