Best Green Day Song

Really like Longview, captures the "feels like I'm winning when I'm feeling no pain" mix of self-medicated whimsy and melancholy that I used to know.

I love this forum. I don't know where else I can read about retirement investing and punk rock and all by the same posters.

I remember as I teenager being tortured by music in grocery stores and elsewhere. I pondered whether there would ever come a day when I would hear Rock 'n Roll played in public places.

Life just keeps getting better.

And here I was thinking that listening to the Cure was the height of teenage rebellion!
I do like Green Day, though. Thanks for giving me a reminder to put them on my spotify list.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Sorry to drag it back off topic again but by coincidence, this was a headline in one of the national newspapers today.

Why the Fairy Tale of New York is the only Christmas song that matters
Why Fairy Tale of New York is the only Christmas song that matters | National Post

Heh! I do wish that these websites would stop dealing in hyperbole. I'm talking about the "this is the only one that matters", or "this is the only one you need to see" kind of verbage.

However - having said that, it is indeed a fantastic Christmas song. I was in my local discount grocery store this afternoon picking up some milk. They were playing constant Christmas tunes, all the same old repeat offenders. It was awful. Christmas music in stores makes me feel as if I'm being conditioned to buy stuff, and I hate that feeling. Having said that, if Fairytale of New York were playing, it would have warmed the cockles of my heart! I hit play on the video in your post Koogie, just to hear it again. I just had a hot chocolate spiked with a generous shot of whisky, and the sound of Kirsty's voice.......it killed me. I really miss her. Such a tragic way for her to die, but what a great mother. She saved her son, and died doing so.

I wouldn't recommend viewing the video if you've never heard this song before. Best to listen to it and allow the theater of the mind to take over.

And here I was thinking that listening to the Cure was the height of teenage rebellion!
Now you're talking about my era! One of the prized records in my collection -

original.jpg

Back
Top Bottom