• Andrew Luck

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Matt Ryan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If J.J. Watt was a quarterback, he'd get all the votes down this way....but, I vote for Rodgers.
Now that's a thought. He'd probably be just as good (or better) than Fitzpatrick in his first game. I'd bet if he threw an interception, he would stop any long returns by himself.

Last edited:
I'm a Bears fan and it hurts, but Rodgers with Manning a close second.

Rogers this year.

I have so much respect for Manning. My home team looses(hope that's the right word ) twice a year to his team. Probably the best QB in history (IMHO).

It scares me to see him play every game. I had a similar injury and was told "never paint a ceiling, it would be good if you didn't change a light bulb, ever". I have so much admiration for the man. I don't want to ever see him injuried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Rodgers this season for sure. Certainly, stat-wise, Manning is arguably the best ever, and Brady's stats are right up there too.

But there are intangibles that aren't reflected so much in the stats that make guys like the aforementioned Bradshaw, Montana, and Aikmen greater QBs than their stats might indicate.

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

I'm not a fan of Romo at all but the guy has the second best quarterback rating in the league and he's the leader of a very solid playoff team-possibly the 3rd best team in the NFC. I think he deserves to be on the list this year although he is towards the bottom end.

Cutler is way worse than Romo.

I think Romo is a perfect example of why one can't count QB rating alone in comparisons. He's tough, playing hurt, but come crunch time in a big game, I'd much prefer to have others on that list.

I think Cutler's regressed to even below average. He has a strong arm but is just horrible in turning over the ball.

It's too soon to put Rodgers in the best all time rankings but Brady is not above Manning. Manning is quite a bit better. Brady has been on better teams, that doesn't make him better. Terry Bradshaw has 4 Superbowl rings but he's not in the top 10 best all time.

Quite a bit:confused:??

Manning may be the better regular season QB but when it counts in the playoffs Brady's record is 18-7 and Manning is 10-11.

Better teams:confused:? Manning had some pretty good teams in Indy and now in Denver and he has had more talented Hall of Fame receivers in his career than Brady (and when Brady had a more talented receiver in Randy Moss in 2007 he broke all passing records and the Pats went 18-1)

But the poll asked who is the best QB in 2014 and most people agree that it's Rodgers.

It's too soon to put Rodgers in the best all time rankings but Brady is not above Manning. Manning is quite a bit better. Brady has been on better teams, that doesn't make him better. Terry Bradshaw has 4 Superbowl rings but he's not in the top 10 best all time.

+1

The majority of Manning's teams have been below average defensively when compared to Brady's so hard to compare based on wins alone.

Rodgers is the best right now, by a long shot. Here's something interesting though. Russell Wilson is the lowest paid starting QB in the league. Every good team has a franchise QB who gets paid a ridiculous amount of money which handicaps them from signing other stars at other positions (except for Seattle). What do you think is going to happen when Wilson gets a new contract and gets paid $18 million / yr or more? Seattle is going to have to cut and / or not resign several key players to get under the salary cap and that is the beginning of the end.

I went for Rodgers even though I'm a Lions fan. This would be more fun if it were possible to rank order the choices and then do a sum for each to see how close it is for the others.

What do you think is going to happen when Wilson gets a new contract and gets paid $18 million / yr or more? Seattle is going to have to cut and / or not resign several key players to get under the salary cap and that is the beginning of the end.

They can just do what Jerry does, restructure a bunch of other contracts:LOL:

I think Romo is a perfect example of why one can't count QB rating alone in comparisons. He's tough, playing hurt, but come crunch time in a big game, I'd much prefer to have others on that list.

I think Cutler's regressed to even below average. He has a strong arm but is just horrible in turning over the ball.
+1. Romo is technically capable, but not mentally. Reminds me of Greg Norman and others, great players who didn't win much.

I live near Chicago so I hear more Bears news than I care for, but Cutler is like Romo, except inferior technically and mentally. He's a loser. I'd hate to be a Bears fan right now, and we have several friends who are.

Romo throws way too many passes that are not thrown to the optimal or at least a good spot (behind the receiver, too low hitting someone on the run, etc), but they are caught anyway making his stats look good. However, Tony does not perform well in the big games and has too often been the principal culprit in the Cowboys getting a loss, where the great QBs become difference makers. I also cannot stand when he blames others on the field whether he is right or wrong:nonono:. It made me sick, seeing Jerry give him that huge long term contract.

Poor Tony Romo, everybody piles on. He is way better than people give credit and is a victim of media exposure that causes people to over scrutinize. Of course I would rather have Rodgers, but Romo is not chopped liver. People forget, even Roger Staubach lost final game as an 8 point favorite and ended his career in the playoffs throwing his last completed pass to an offensive lineman effectively ending the game and season.
FWIW- Tony Romo had the most comeback wins of all QB's for the combined 2011-13 seasons. Most people don't want to quote that stat. Nor will they know or mention through last year he had the highest 2 minute QB rating of all active quarterbacks and 4th highest since 1991.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tony-romo-clutch-november-december

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been a Broncos fan since their inception. I think Peyton is the master at on-field play calling, but he has not been as sharp in execution this year as his past years as a Bronco. I voted for Aaron Rogers. I would love to see a Super Bowl between the two teams.

2 mins. left in the game and needing to go 80 yards and score a TD, I'd take Elway over anyone that ever played the position.

I'd like to seeing Manning win one final SB, but I don't think it will happen for him. I think this year's SB champ is going to be a dark horse.

Mike

If down by 7 points with not much time left, of the QB's to choose from on the list, I just wouldn't want Romo as the QB.

Poor Tony Romo, everybody piles on. He is way better than people give credit and is a victim of media exposure that causes people to over scrutinize. Of course I would rather have Rodgers, but Romo is not chopped liver. People forget, even Roger Staubach lost final game as an 8 point favorite and ended his career in the playoffs throwing his last completed pass to an offensive lineman effectively ending the game and season.
FWIW- Tony Romo had the most comeback wins of all QB's for the combined 2011-13 seasons. Most people don't want to quote that stat. Nor will they know or mention through last year he had the highest 2 minute QB rating of all active quarterbacks and 4th highest since 1991.

Indisputable proof that Tony Romo is clutch after all | For The Win

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of Romo bashers and defenders out there, but No 6 on the list is the reality we have been suffering from for years.

The majority of Manning's teams have been below average defensively

That's because Manning's salary SUCKS THE LIFE out of the entire team. The team salary cap leaves nothing for defense. That's why Indy dropped him.

They can just do what Jerry does, restructure a bunch of other contracts:LOL:

How did that work out for him? The Cowboys are something like 138-138 over the past 17ish years.

That's because Manning's salary SUCKS THE LIFE out of the entire team. The team salary cap leaves nothing for defense. That's why Indy dropped him.

That's not why Indy let Manning go. They let him go because they had a chance to get the next great QB that will be there for another 15 years. Going from one franchise QB straight to another one is next to impossible and you don't pass up the opportunity if you get it.

That's not why Indy let Manning go. They let him go because they had a chance to get the next great QB that will be there for another 15 years. Going from one franchise QB straight to another one is next to impossible and you don't pass up the opportunity if you get it.

Totally agree. Packers did the same with Rodgers. They didn't need a quarterback that year, but when Thompson saw Rodgers still available at the 24th pick he pounced.

Still doesn't equal getting Brady in the 6th round though! That was magic.

+1. The neck injury was a huge unknown at the time Irsay had to make the decision. No one was anxious to see Manning go, not the fans and not the organization. It was a tough call...

I'm glad it seemed to work out for Denver & Indy both in the end.

Back
Top Bottom