Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I've been very satisfied with Zenni Optical.
RAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #22

My SO uses Zenni and is very happy. She bought a pair of progressives with a few extra coatings, etc. and paid ~$50.

I am due for a new pair. Already had my eyes examined about a month ago for "free" (thanks to Medicaid) but am too darned cheap to pull the trigger on even a cheap pair from Zenni. Am making do with my 8 year-old pair, and they're actually working pretty well.

Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Recent Good Zenni Experiences
Old 09-15-2015, 10:04 AM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Recent Good Zenni Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic23 View Post
Zenni here for about four years. Standard Bifocals with spring frames about $35. My favorite are sunglasses with polarized lenses, bifocals, about $80.
I recently bought what is now my favorite pair of sunglasses from Zenni as well: very light weight, polarized, scratch guard, etc. for under $100.

Well, I thought I had lost these glasses for good a couple of weeks ago; so, I went online and reordered. (The Zenni web site was one reason I chose them; easiest to find and price among the sites that I examined.) Later that day, I did find the glasses; so, I IM'd Zenni customer service in the middle of the evening to see if I could cancel my order; they did, not issues.

Zenni will be my go to for ordering glasses.

Note: I got my PD with my prescription with no issues; I do travel extensively and explained that I wanted it just in case. All true.
CoolChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:12 PM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.

Another vote for COSTCO.

You can't beat the prices. Selection not bad. Quality great.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:49 AM   #25

Recently purchased 2 pairs of scratch resistant, non-glare, UV treated, no-line trifocals from Costco. One was also tinted for use as sunglasses. Since I had nice frames in excellent condition that I liked I used them instead of buying new frames. The total cost was $270. That was less than half I have been paying for just one pair at the optometrist.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:29 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Eyeglasses Online - Buy Prescription Glasses & Eyeglass Frames | Zenni Optical I've happily used them several times.

You'll need your measurements and Rx to order. Hopefully your cataract surgeon's office can help.
gretah is offline   Reply With Quote