best way to pay taxes

We have been drawing funds each month from an IRA, that cover the tax on 2 annuities, my pension, and the extra funds from the IRA. Each month I would have a % go to the feds automatically through our Fidelity account. We have sold our summer condo and now do not need to pull from the IRA......

I will need to start paying quarterly, what is the best method to do this? Before I just setup my draw from the IRA at Fidelity to send the funds to the IRS.......

Thanks

Is this safer than sending a check? I don't know, but it is simpler.
While it's true that the account number and routing number are printed on the bottom of the check I mail to the IRS, the numbers are at least not in a database that hackers can gain access to. Or maybe the IRS scans the checks and the MICR line goes into a database anyway :facepalm:. But hoping that the paper check keeps my account info in fewer databases is my main reason for not using the convenience of putting the ACH data right into the tax software.

...................................... Credit cards have too high a fee that takes away the benefit of the points I would earn using them. ..............................................

Got reminded by post in BH that there is one company that charges 1.87% so if you have a 2% Fidelity card, you can still make some $$ esp. if your payment is large enough.

Back
Top Bottom