Best Way to Sell My Old Apple Watch

TrvlBug

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We'll be upgrading to the new Series 4 when it becomes available later this month. Never having sold old phones, PCs and stuff, I have no idea of the best way to get rid of our cell capable Series 3 watches we've had for less than a year :facepalm:.

I'm thinking of determining resale value, discounting it a bit and offering it on Nextdoor. Don't want to go the route of Craig's List or EBay.

All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

APPLE had a trade in program. Probably not the best value...

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

Thank you. I wasn't aware of this program as we ditch our stuff when it becomes unusable. The watch is an exception and I put in our info and will receive $225 on an original purchase price of $450 IIRC. We could probably get much more elsewhere, but to us, it's not worth the hassle. Will wait until the watch becomes available in store and have them take care of porting and activating the number to the new watch. AT&T's people are idiots and we ended up having to go the the Apple store to make the Series 3 watch work cell capability fully functional :facepalm:.

Thank you. I wasn't aware of this program as we ditch our stuff when it becomes unusable. The watch is an exception and I put in our info and will receive $225 on an original purchase price of $450 IIRC. We could probably get much more elsewhere, but to us, it's not worth the hassle. Will wait until the watch becomes available in store and have them take care of porting and activating the number to the new watch. AT&T's people are idiots and we ended up having to go the the Apple store to make the Series 3 watch work cell capability fully functional :facepalm:.

I’m a huge fan of Apple for various reasons. What you mentioned above is one. When I get the occasional issue, the Apple store support has been hassle free (except for the wait for the appointment) with resolving the issues. I have not had to pay even in instances when the device was out of warranty.

I’m a huge fan of Apple for various reasons. What you mentioned above is one. When I get the occasional issue, the Apple store support has been hassle free (except for the wait for the appointment) with resolving the issues. I have not had to pay even in instances when the device was out of warranty.

This is so true. I had an issue last year with my iPhone that Verizon kept insisting was an Apple error and they wouldn't even try to fix the issue. I went to the Apple store and the guy there was clear it was in fact a Verizon problem. He called Verizon in front of me and got the problem straightened out (yes -- it was a Verizon problem). I was so impressed by that as he volunteered to get the issue fixed when it wasn't Apple's fault at all.

Sounds like a winner to me!

Back
Top Bottom