Beyonce

I get my morning new fix on "CBS This Morning." They covered Beyonce-gate and then casually mentioned Whitney Houston's performance during the superbowl was also lip synced. :facepalm:

RockyMtn, I had never heard Marvin Gaye's 1983 NBA All-Star version. It was positively brilliant! I've never heard any national anthem rendition remotely like it. I loved that the crowd was getting into it, too. Thanks for posting it.

Live vs Lip synced? That's the question. Beyonce-gate is on. That said, was it just me or was it a bit difficult to catch all the words that Kelly Clarkson was singing (which is confirmed as a live perfomance)?

Beyonce = Overrated

Nicole Scherzinger is 3X the vocalist that Beyonce is..........:)

I get my morning new fix on "CBS This Morning." They covered Beyonce-gate and then casually mentioned Whitney Houston's performance during the superbowl was also lip synced. :facepalm:
I heard that too, evidently it's standard procedure for all performers singing the National Anthem at NFL games (and many other events) for many very good reasons. Again, as long as it's the singers actual voice (unlike Milli Vanilli), I don't see why it matters if it's live or lip synced. Who wants to hear slapback, feedback, extraneous noise, delay, a mistake or whatever else...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Spangled_Banner_(Whitney_Houston_song) there's a section on lip sync.

I'm just happy that all the righteous indignation junkies out in the punditverse got their fixes this week. Sometimes it can be hard to find something utterly insignificant to be outraged about, but this week the pundits should be sated.

I know I'm on the wrong board...but I have to say this, I enjoy her only for her beautiful butt and body.

Pretty lady, great voice and performer. I could care less about any lip-syncing claim.

Back
Top Bottom