Bicycle-Kayak

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Now the way I usually think of this subject is based on real travelers I know of who use a combination of folding kayaks and folding bicycles to get around. Well this is a variation on the subject from the Port Townsend WA wood boat festival:
http://autocanoe.com/

Something the retired early wood worker can crank out in the wood shop.

Oh well - good old WA - I grew up in the area - home to the Longview Aerocar - anybody remember that one?

That is quite amazing. :eek: My father has built several boats/kayaks. He's getting a little old for it now (80) but I'm going to send him that page. I have to print it out because he won't learn how to use the internet. Oh, well.

arrete

Damn thing doesnt fold.
:p ;)

I'm not so sure about that. I believe I see a seam down the middle of it.
There probably is has an inside lever that allows the boat to be split. This also comes in handy in case a high speed motor boat or yacht accidently rams into you.

MJ :-/ :D

:confused:

Hah! You hit me! But I will sink myself instead?

:confused:

Besides, if you split it on the water, the printer would fall out!

:D

Hah! You hit me! But I will sink myself instead?
Besides, if you split it on the water, the printer would fall out!

I guess you didn't read the fine print, ::)
each section is able to flow on its own keeping you and the printer nice and dry. :D

MJ ;)

Once I was in Port Townsend and they had a whole fleet of "vehicles" like this. Everything had to be human powered and amphibious. Most of it was silly, but I gather that was the point.

Even has a little place behind the seat for the printer.

You hook up an auxilliary 110v generator to those pedals, you got somethin'...

Back
Top Bottom