Big change in our plans

Well I have only two comments
1- Enjoy your fixed up house in an area you like .Good decision !
2- Guys do not try this at home . After giving away most of our furniture and working like a dog to fix up a house most women will be pretty pissed by your change in direction .:):):)

I firmly believe that an appropriate "false start penalty" should be assessed.

Whaddaya think, forum ladies? :cool:

I firmly believe that an appropriate "false start penalty" should be assessed.

Whaddaya think, forum ladies? :cool:

Well, yesterday he volunteered to help me move around and rearrange ALL the furniture in my den and living room, and put down a 10'x14' rug, then arrange the furniture on top of the rug - - and he voluntarily vacuumed the rug and under the rug in the process.... :D I didn't even have to ask! Then he spent the morning with me shopping and said he was happy to do so. Guess that's a start, right?

We have a pretty good relationship going, and have for over a decade. Lots of give and take, plenty of both on either side. The nice thing about having a good relationship, is that we don't have to play games or keep score.

Last edited:
Well, yesterday he helped me move around and rearrange ALL the furniture in my den and living room, and put down a 10'x14' rug - - then he voluntarily vacuumed it.... :D Then he spent the morning with me shopping and said he was happy to do so. Guess that's a start, right?
Wow. He must sense he's in deep kimchi...

Well, yesterday he helped me move around and rearrange ALL the furniture in my den and living room, and put down a 10'x14' rug, then arrange the furniture on top of the rug - - and he voluntarily vacuumed the rug and under the rug in the process.... :D Then he spent the morning with me shopping and said he was happy to do so. Guess that's a start, right?

We have a pretty good relationship going. Lots of give and take, plenty of both on either side.
Shoot for something BIG and EXPENSIVE. :LOL:

Is that a new rug, W2R?

You really are in a win win position--your lovely house, a neighborhood you enjoy, and the stress of the move has evaporated. I think Frank knew what he was doing when he thought this through, but don't let him know that just yet :).

No, an old beloved rug that I had rolled up so that buyers could see the new wall-to-wall carpet better.

Yes, REW, he thought he was in DEEP kim chee but he isn't. Life is too short to spend time playing games IMO

Last edited:
I've never visited either Louisiana or Missouri, but of course, to folks like me, New Orleans seems a fabled and romantic place. Missouri, not so much. My closest connection to NO is that my mother was born and grew up in Orleans, a very small town in southern Indiana.

Well, yesterday he volunteered to help me move around and rearrange ALL the furniture in my den and living room, and put down a 10'x14' rug, then arrange the furniture on top of the rug - - and he voluntarily vacuumed the rug and under the rug in the process.... :D

Did you then exercise the decorator's prerogative of -need to move that 5" to the left, once there, no not good 2" to the right, when there, no still not right how about an inch to the right?

On each piece of furniture?

Now, how would I know about that routine?

Congratulations on making the decision to stay. Sometimes just making the decision is the hardest part.

I can read a "sense of relief" in your posts about it as you were ambivalent about the move anyway. Besides, now that you put all that work into making the house nice-looking it'd be a shame to have someone else enjoy it!

Reactions: W2R
I am definitely late to this thread. All the time that you were posting on the many improvements you were making to your house, I kept thinking that it was a shame that you would not get to enjoy them. I am so glad that you have a beautiful home to enjoy and that you also have such a beautiful relationship with Frank.

Enjoy NOLA and all of the fabulous food!

Thank you! I am enjoying my newly lovely home, and New Orleans. Life always seems to throw us some curves, but luckily this is one that (after a few moments of complete and total shock) has not been hard for me to deal with and enjoy.

Well, yesterday he volunteered to help me move around and rearrange ALL the furniture in my den and living room, and put down a 10'x14' rug, then arrange the furniture on top of the rug - - and he voluntarily vacuumed the rug and under the rug in the process....

My walking buddy wants to come visit your remodeled house. He's not much trouble.:whistle:

Attachments

• muddy dog.jpg
    muddy dog.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 7
Congratulations on your decision!

I have been following your thoughts on these matters for a long time.

We are also newly "retired" but are "planning to move to Missouri" to be near our kids. We are on the Northshore - where SOME houses are selling....but.....not many. We haven't boxed our stuff or even listed our house as the market is so terrible.

Now that the reality is upon on us that we are actually "free to move" (my husband's career is done), I am quite surprised how attached we have become to this area. (Yes-we were also SLAMMED by K.). I had in the past always considered myself "passing through the area" for 26 years. Lately, I have come to admit to myself that we have roots here, and there is a charm to N.O. and surroundings that is unlike any other place. We will just have to visit our children and grandchildren more often.

For now, we will revisit our decision when things looks a bit brighter. In the meantime...............Le Bontemps Roule and enjoy Endymion and Bacchus today.

Happy Mardi Gras to all!!!!!!!!!!!

Molly

My walking buddy wants to come visit your remodeled house. He's not much trouble.:whistle:

No way!! LOL No muddy doggy feet in my house, nope... :D
Congratulations on your decision!

I have been following your thoughts on these matters for a long time.

We are also newly "retired" but are "planning to move to Missouri" to be near our kids. We are on the Northshore - where SOME houses are selling....but.....not many. We haven't boxed our stuff or even listed our house as the market is so terrible.

I think a lot of people are just not putting their houses on the market here any more. In my immediate neighborhood, all the houses that are on the market have been for sale since before I put my house on the market last October. No new houses have showed up since that time, and none have sold either. People are just waiting.

molly said:
Now that the reality is upon on us that we are actually "free to move" (my husband's career is done), I am quite surprised how attached we have become to this area.

I can sure relate to that sentiment!

molly said:
For now, we will revisit our decision when things looks a bit brighter. In the meantime...............Le Bontemps Roule and enjoy Endymion and Bacchus today.

Happy Mardi Gras to all!!!!!!!!!!!

Molly

Have fun, Molly!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom