Join Early Retirement Today
Big Goal?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:30 PM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado
Big Goal?

What do you REALLY want?

Needs: List all the needs you currently have to meet in order to maintain your current lifestyle; items such as mortgage/rent, car payment, student loans, food, insurance, etc

Wants: List all the things you don�t presently have but would like to have in the next 24 months such as a new car, vacation, computer, new home�. be specific (new 5 bedroom home within one year, New XK8 Jaguar by July 2007, etc.) This is where you get to dream. So dream big!

Setting Realistic Goals

Unless you take action, your goals are nothing more than wishes. Writing down your �wishes and dreams� turns them into goals. Taking ACTION towards achieving your goals makes them attainable. Consistent Daily Effort (CDA) makes the results happen quicker, faster and better.

Goals must be:
Specific�you must be able to take clearly defined action upon them
Measurable � you must know WHEN you achieve them
Challenging � you must STRETCH outside your comfort zone to achieve them
Timed � a clear and definite deadline MUST be set for each goal
Documented � if it is not on paper, it is not a goal

Break your goals down into immediate goals (first 30 days), short-range goals (six months to a year), and long-range goals (three to five years).

1.Get acquainted � Take time to familiarize yourself with your company.Spend at least an hour a day looking through your materials! Get to know them and review them often.

2.Set Aside time for your Business �

a.I plan to work on the following days: (Check all that Apply)

Mon. Tue. Wed. Thru. Fri. Sat. Sun.

b.Each day I will invest _______ hours in building my business
c.My business hours will be ______ to _______.

Short range goals

What I plan to do to day

what are my goals for this week

what needs to be done to meet this goal

what are my cost

pay taxes every 1-3 months
I will have a minimum personal net worth of $____________________In (3 to 5 years)

To be successful it is important you set up your business as if you are going in to work in a corporation. If your schedule says you are going to start your day at 9:00am, show up at your desk at 9:00 prepared to work. And don�t let distractions interfere with working your scheduled hours. Discipline yourself and success will follow!

WE ALL CAN AND SHOULD RETIRE LIKE KINGS AND QUEENS.  That is what i believe. what about you
idevision is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!