Billy Mays....You're all over the TV. Why?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
It seems that he is pitching indoor stuff, outdoor stuff, and now heath insurance. Billy, Billy, how can I get you to go away forever?

I got this nugget from the attached link. Sounds like he's doing okay now that he's got that sexual misconduct thing in his rear view mirror.

He's had quite a successful run with all the products he's endorsed and he later founded his own production company called Mays Promotions Inc. based in Dunedin, Florida. In 2005 he built a $1.8 million dollar home in Odessa, Florida where he currently resides with his wife Candace.

He's also had some challenges in his personal life when in the same year he was reportedly accused of sexual misconduct with residents of a retirement community until the charges were dropped

Billy Mays: The King of Infomercials and Commercials - Associated Content,

I understand that you can get a ring tone of him saying "make a paste, it is ten times as strong." :)

I'm usually able to ignore TV commercials. But when I hear that guy's voice, I can't hit the mute button fast enough!:bat:

Why in the heck any company would use him to advertise their products, I don't know. I hadn't heard about his sexual misconduct thing. Makes me like him even less.

the insurance thing made me confused...sorry didn't translate for me, i might believe you are enthusiastic about a great toilet bowl cleaner, but won't believe you know the difference between good or bad insurance!

but nobody's more weird or annoying than that ponytail giselle guy...hehe

but nobody's more weird or annoying than that ponytail giselle guy...hehe

I think you mean Gazelle?

Ponytail Gazelle guy:

TAAW-200.gif

Giselle:

Well, you can do your own Google image search

Billy... I am skeptical about his claims on the products... But I suspect those products are on par with their competitors... (not sure about the insurance).

Anyone see this infomercial... What is your impression? Does this guy seem credible?

YouTube - ShamWow (Full Length)

I will stick with my Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber towel to dry my car. I know it dries the entire car without even wringing it out once.

the insurance thing made me confused...sorry didn't translate for me, i might believe you are enthusiastic about a great toilet bowl cleaner, but won't believe you know the difference between good or bad insurance!

See how easy it is to be an insurance agent?? :D:D

If he reads your posts he will be hawking oxyhair dye next. (Make a paste, it is ten times as strong..)

Yep, he's not only the president, he's a customer.

I was in our local Sam's Club a couple of years ago just after Billy had finished screaming at customers about the miracle cleaning power of Oxyclean. He was wandering down the aisles (being ignored by all) and I couldn't help notice the very obvious dye job on both his hair and beard.

I think the guy is great. Made a living being a shill for about every product known to man. Speaking of which..I haven't seen a Ronco commercial in awhile :D

I think the guy is great. Made a living being a shill for about every product known to man. Speaking of which..I haven't seen a Ronco commercial in awhile :D

I think that Ron Popeil went to the big vegomatic in the sky a few years ago. Billy Mays is the new infomercial king.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom