birthday pranks

lazygood4nothinbum

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
(yes i recently read the workplace pranks thread)

my sil is one of those characters who gets you to turn your head while she takes french fries from your plate and will ask you to smell a frosted cake while she's ready to push it into your nose. ok, she only got me once with that one.

thought i would float this idea before pulling the prank. it is her 50th birthday next week. beyond vein; she makes me look humble. she refuses a party and does not want to acknowledge her age.

so i thought i'd get everyone in her life. her family, her inlaws (my family), the bagel shop people, the supermarket deli counter lady, her kids' school mates and teachers, the gardener, maybe a few people from this forum, you know, pretty much everyone to call her on her birthday to wish her a happy 50th and to tell her that she looks great for a woman of her age.

could this possibly backfire?

Sounds like a good one. My uncle got my aunt a cake in the shape of a tombstone for her 40th. They are still married.

Good idea, but you should take it further. They will "tell her that she looks great for a woman of her age," but that's something that might be expected. What if everyone says the same unexpected thing?

For example, what if each person that called said:

"Have you figured out who your secret admirer is?"
or
"Your hubbie is really looking hot these days."
or
"You should go to Rio to celebrate!"

brewer: love the tombstone idea, plus not as much work as getting everyone to call.

bruce: yer right, after i wrote this i started getting a baaaaad feeling. something tells me i'll be looking over my shoulder for the next 10 years.

ta: different messages is interesting. how about i get a bag of fortune cookies and each person can open the cookie, wish sil a happy 50th and read her fortune to her.

ok, well, there goes that. brother just nixed the phone calls. damn. i was just ready to stalk sil for the next few days to see all the places she goes. (something to do all day.)

he says she would kill me and reminded me that she respected my wishes on my 50th (though she through me a surprise 40th that i didn't want). oh well, that's what i get for running an idea by my brother.

thanx again for the tombstone idea. i can bring the cake to the restaurant and have them serve up a little death for dessert. at least there's that.

got the r.i.p. cake. got a bunch of holloween-recyclable skull & bones to decorate the table and black roses for the centerpiece and a tombstone for her chair.

thought i'd have the waiter improvise the specials. when he announces the beef special i'm going to have him lean over to my sil and tell her "we can have the chef cut this into little pieces so it will be easy for you to chew." or for the fish he can lean over and say "this is easily digestible so it shouldn't keep you up all night."

ok, well, it's not the total goof i wanted to do. somehow, life just isn't as much fun when i'm behaving myself.

Back
Top Bottom