Blizzard of '09

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A few pics from the Purron household:
-our home
-driveway when I opened the garage door (!)
-yard stick - 15" and counting...
-very cold dove
-DH's truck

Attachments

• P1010173.JPG
    P1010173.JPG
    415.4 KB · Views: 10
  • P1010175.JPG
    P1010175.JPG
    419.2 KB · Views: 8
  • P1010167.JPG
    P1010167.JPG
    458 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010166.JPG
    P1010166.JPG
    412 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010168.JPG
    P1010168.JPG
    406.4 KB · Views: 7
I know someone will poke me in the eye, but....that is beautiful! :smitten:

I know someone will poke me in the eye, but....that is beautiful! :smitten:

I agree! And I'm really super happy that it's there and NOT here!!!

We had about 1 1/4"...almost! Most of it was melted and gone by noon today!

We bought a brand spankin' new snow blower this past Thursday.....and I hope it gets to just sit there unused forever! :D

Let it snow, son need to make extra money with his plow business, northwest of Philly we only had about 1-2 inches until about 4, now at 730 around 6, was out walking with the boss, just came back. Stopped at a friends in the neighborhood sang jingle bells, so I could earn myself a VO Manhatten, it was good. My singing is pretty bad, lucky I did not get a glass of gatoraide.
Old Mike

Nice to be at the shore. Even 1 hour west of here they got 14 inches. We got enough to almost cover our windshield. :D DD in Leesburg got 18". But still, it's not a blizzard. That requires 35 mph winds along with the snow. We had the winds, but not the snow. I like snow, but I'm glad I'm not there anymore. More fun to watch it on the news. :greetings10:

The picture of Chez Purron would make a great [-]Christmas[/-] Holiday card!

Here's another pic I just now took - our old fashioned Webber grill on our back deck. Lookin' forward to weather good enough to throw some steaks on this baby.

Attachments

• Webber 1.JPG
    Webber 1.JPG
    403.2 KB · Views: 3
For some reason or other, that pic just cracks me up! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, me too! Here's one of DH earlier today when we were out shoveling the driveway. Let's just say we earned our glass of Merlot tonight :)

Attachments

• 2009-6.JPG
    2009-6.JPG
    451.7 KB · Views: 6
I'd say y'all deserve a glass of wine! Your hubby looks like he's gettin' ready to say, "Can I quit now?"

Hey...go ahead and have two glasses of wine. :flowers:

We had over 2 feet in the Blue Ridge Mtns, drifting to 4 feet or higher. I was throwing shovelfuls of snow up over my head.

Attachments

• bliz09.jpg
    bliz09.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 7
We had over 2 feet in the Blue Ridge Mtns, drifting to 4 feet or higher. I was throwing shovelfuls of snow up over my head.

Yeah, I heard your area got the highest accumulation of snow. I'd love to see more pics of your place. DH and I are heading over to check our our rental house tomorrow to shovel it out and make sure everything's OK. It's only about 5 miles from here. We may have more pics to share with you all tomorrow if we're not completely worn out.

Our other place is in a rural setting and we saw 19 (yes 19!!) wild turkeys in the back yard there a few days ago. I'm wondering what they do in this kind of snow. I'll take some goodies over for the wildlife. I've got lots of stuff to put out for the critters here and at the other place.

Yeah, me too! Here's one of DH earlier today when we were out shoveling the driveway. Let's just say we earned our glass of Merlot tonight :)

Shoveling 15" of snow is pretty hard......

My snowblower is ready to go tomorrow morning as they're predicting 12-18" by mid morning in our area.

I'm glad it's coming on Sunday so I don't have to get up at 5:00 AM to clear the driveway and navigate the heavy traffic for my 40 mile commute to work.

This is the view from the street. I've never really liked the looks of having the garage in front, but I was sure grateful for the shorter driveway to shovel and very little incline to get out of, vs. had I put it down with the house.

And that is a car under that mound in the foreground.

If the sun comes out tomorrow or Monday there should be some great shots of the valley and the mountain across behind my house cloaked in white.

Attachments

• bliz09a.jpg
    bliz09a.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Purron,

Where arre you located? Burr, I only want to visit you in the summer!

Northern Virginia. A place usually known for it's moderate climate...but not today! BTW, DH and I have been here long enough to remember to big snow of '66. We were kids then so it seemed so much deeper!

btw I just found a report that said we got 31 inches of snow on the mountain. We're thrilled at the kick start this will give to the ski season here. In the past few years it seems like we've missed most of the big storms.

If the sun comes out tomorrow or Monday there should be some great shots of the valley and the mountain across behind my house cloaked in white.

Looking foward to this! You have a beautiful place.

Your snow is lovely and I am glad that I did not have to blow or shovel it. Will most of it melt or does it stay for the winter?

Oh, and shovel slow and easy, taking small bites.

I am a native Texan. I have never seen a white Christmas and have been known to complain about that in the past. Tonight I am glad that I ain't up north..... Purron your photo's are beautiful. Even more so as I sit here in my 40 degree outisde
Texas local. Make a snowman for me and think of those less fortunate down south!

We usually have a January thaw so it probably won't last, but we've got a cold week forecast.

This was a pretty nice light snow so it didn't take too much effort even when I got a big chunk. But that is good advice. I run marathons and just had a checkup a week ago but I still pause every few minutes to rest and make sure I'm doing well. For some odd reason I actually like shoveling. I could do without the drift that always goes across the midpoint, but I guess I like the exercise and being outdoors.

All that snow sure is pretty, but I am glad I made it out of Washington Dulles before it all went to hell...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom