Join Early Retirement Today

Blow Me!
Old 06-20-2004, 02:50 PM   #1

Blow Me!

:

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Blow Me!
Old 06-20-2004, 03:04 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 03:39 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

TH's picture-only reply isn't showing the picture for me, but my annoyingly clever curiosity found this image in the page source code: (click to view)

http://www.dance.net:443/dance.net//...se_blowing.jpg

Okay, that didn't work, either, but if I copy and paste the link text into my address line it works.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 03:47 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Hmm, it shows for me, but I'm running firefox for a browser.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:54 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Yep firefox shows it but IE doesnt, in fact firefox lets me click on your url and it displays the photo but IE gives me a "forbidden" error.

Very annoying. But resolved by jumping through flaming hoops...
Old 06-21-2004, 06:54 AM   #6

[warning]Only OT geek talk in this post[/warning]

I'm using Firefox, too. I tried IE to make sure it wasn't a problem just with Firefox. I think one of my extension messes things up, though...like the preview button here posts instead of previews. I think I've narrowed that down to the tabbrowser extension, though.

The pic does show in my Firefox in your second post.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:58 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Shhhh...NERDS!

It almost looked to me like they were possibly doing something on the site hosting the picture to stop direct linking. So I simply copied the pic to the empty homepage on my own ISP and linked directly to that. Looked like firefox was ignoring the "forbidden" on the first site as IE sure wasnt.

Preview works ok for me here. So far the only sites that work differently in some places and not very well at all in others is my healthcare providers website, and vanguard. Those require me to go back to internet exploder.

Are ya running firefox 0.9?
Old 06-21-2004, 07:27 AM   #8

Some brief NERDness before reverting to referential picture links: I downloaded 0.9 but haven't installed yet because I have my extensions and all exactly as I want them, although supposedly it'll be much easier to transfer all my settings and extensions than before.

Old 06-21-2004, 07:31 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Some extensions dont work in 0.9, although I dont use many of them.

Oddly, the ones that dont work all clearly state on their respective web sites that they work great with 0.9.

Make sure you download the latest 0.9. I pulled it down when it first became available. When I installed it it said "0.8" in the 'about' drop down and it wiped out everything...cookies, tabs, favorites and extensions.

That didnt make my day