Join Early Retirement Today
Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by CoolChange View Post
No problem; glad I could help. (I rarely have anything useful to share with this group. Somebody else usually gets here first with good information.)

For the Pro+, noise suppression was exactly what I expected: Excellent.

Range/reception were actually better than I expected.

I liked the idea of the Q2 features (text to speech, announcements, etc.); but, I am pretty sure I can make my phone (the Droid 2 Pro) do all, or at least most, of those things if I ever get around to installing and configuring the proper apps.

I did need the multi-point technology since I also have poor cell reception in the house and keep it paired with my land line phone as well as my cell which I why I narrowed my search down to the same two models you are considering.

A couple of things finally pushed me to the Pro+
  • Past experience with the Pro
  • Good deal (saved $30) when I ordered it with my new phone
One possible caveat for you: The volume for the Pro+ does not go quite as high as I would like. I actually have good hearing when my sinuses aren't acting up; but, I would like to be able to get the volume a bit louder in noisy situations. So, your husband might have issues with this. But, I have no idea if the Q2 has any better volume.
Thanks once again. Sorry to hear about the volume...hmmmm.

Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets
I would not worry about battery life on the Palntronics unit. Mine goes a week before needing charging. I'm kind of a medium to lower user. Probably 6-800 mins a month. 5-20 calls a day is typical.

It will actually go about a half day after the low battery starts beeping. My phone charger fits the PT unit too. I always keep a charger in the car, so I'm covered both ways (phone & BT).I'm in the car a fair bit

Scrapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets
Thanks, Scrapr!

Nova is offline   Reply With Quote