Book Review: AgeLess

44 pounds = 250% increase :eek: Good lord! I probably gained that much while in college, although the number slowly decreases weekly. Going from an an active lifestyle swimming almost two hours a day to sitting on my butt all day sure made for some drastic changes....As wab said, the key is sustainability, not instant results. I have made changes that I can live with, not merely tolerate for a few months.

Caloric restriction has been shown to increase lifespan quite a bit, although I would have to ask 'at what cost?' Eating is one of the great pleasures in life for me.... I love trying out new foods! It took awhile to scale down my eating once I got a desk job, but with a little willpower, it's possible.... like this morning for example- I passed on the free doughnuts and breakfast tacos, probably saving myself 4-500 cals in the process. I try and run every other day, and my Nike+ shoes have been keeping me honest :) I love 'em. Oh yeah, I also nixed the soda, although I will still drink something like Pepsi One, or a really good ginger brew/craft rootbeer every now and then (once a month?).

I don't blindly take herbals and such without doing some research (pubmed is a good place to start) on what is going into my body. Other than exercise, I also drink pomegranate juice, take about 2g of curcumin and 40k IUs of serrapeptase per day. Every now and then i'll take a multivitamin. Oh, I also drink tons of V8... I love the spicy kind. :)

Back
Top Bottom