Join Early Retirement Today

Booked flight to San Jose, but returning to wrong airport!
Old 06-25-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via AIM to vvsonikvv
Booked flight to San Jose, but returning to wrong airport!

I booked a flight for July 4 weekend a few weeks back. My brother has a business trip and is extending it for some vacation and wants me to go join him. His fiance is coming as well, but from another city, Philadelphia. So we are heading out to San Jose, CA and then drive to San Francisco for a few days.

Well, I booked a flight from Washington DC - Reagan Airport to San Jose... however, the trip back, somehow is to Dulles Airport in VA!!! I think I must have overlooked it as I thought it would be the same, because thats how I wanted it to be. The flight has 1 stop to Chicago, and luckily is the same flight as my brothers GF... and on the way back we have the same flight to Chicago..

But boy is it going to be fun arriving in Dulles instead of Reagon. My flight arrices 11:30pm July4, and I have work the next day. So it will now take me 1hr longer, and $30 less in my wallet.

so make sure when you book your flight online, to double check everything! and dont do it at 12am at night.

Any good tips on where to go/do in San Jose/San Francisco? I have about a week to explore and have fun.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Booked flight to San Jose, but returning to wrong airport!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvsonikvv
I booked a flight for July 4 weekend a few weeks back. My brother has a business trip and is extending it for some vacation and wants me to go join him. His fiance is coming as well, but from another city, Philadelphia. So we are heading out to San Jose, CA and then drive to San Francisco for a few days.

Well, I booked a flight from Washington DC - Reagan Airport to San Jose... however, the trip back, somehow is to Dulles Airport in VA!!! I think I must have overlooked it as I thought it would be the same, because thats how I wanted it to be. The flight has 1 stop to Chicago, and luckily is the same flight as my brothers GF... and on the way back we have the same flight to Chicago..

But boy is it going to be fun arriving in Dulles instead of Reagon. My flight arrices 11:30pm July4, and I have work the next day. So it will now take me 1hr longer, and $30 less in my wallet.

so make sure when you book your flight online, to double check everything! and dont do it at 12am at night.

Any good tips on where to go/do in San Jose/San Francisco? I have about a week to explore and have fun.
Head you to San Francisco for sure!!! OAP is our resident SF traveller. He could probably suggest some sites for you to visit.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Well, I booked a flight from Washington DC - Reagan Airport to San Jose... however, the trip back, somehow is to Dulles Airport in VA!!!
That's one of my biggest fears when I book a flight from Panama to Atlanta. I always make sure the itinery says Panama City, Panama and not Panama City, FL. That would be ugly and expensive to fix if I ever did that.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

vv,
As the most omnipotent potentate SF resident, I can fix you up with some diversions here in SF that will make a few hours of Dulles seem, pfsttt.

In SF, go to Harry Denton's Starlight Room bar at 450 Powell, top of Sir F. Drakes.

Mention OAP and Kimberly, Idaho. You will be feted. He's a multi, multi and gay but he will give you a great evening no matter what you persuasion.