Boomeritis

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
I think I've hijacked the SS thread enough.

Maybe you should try NFL football.
Yikes! Those Sports Illustrated "Where Are They Now" articles on retired football players are too depressing. I think NFL retirees are singlehandedly supporting the arthritis-medication industry. For every seemingly healthy survivor like Staubach there are dozens of guys like Johnny Unitas. (Yeah, I know he's dead-- that's my point.)

While I'm happy to have the flexibility, the loose joints provide zero lateral stability. I've had half-a-dozen sprained ankles and four sprained knees-- evenly distributed between left & right-- over the last 30 years. I'm hoping that things tighten up over the next few decades!

ER has allowed the "flexibility" to find sports that fit my lifestyle/schedule instead of workplace workouts. No more running or basketball for me-- swimming, surfing, cycling, and walking. I'll keep sparring as long as I can stay healthy, but then it's going to have to be forms.

Ronin, Kuk Hyun Chung is coming to Hawaii weekend after this for a sparring seminar. He's known as the "Kukie Monster". He retired in the late '90s after 4x world championships and I believe two Olympic medals (when TKD was a demonstration sport) and he's TKD's winningest competitor. Have you ever seen him?

My husband probably has. He is one of the rather few 60 year old TKD practicers around here. Even after prostate surgery last Oct. He's also a referee and coach. I had no idea the whole thing was so widespread.

TKD? Tweaking Knee-jerk Democrats?
I've been doing this for years. No sprains so far :)

JG

Back
Top Bottom