Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by samclem View Post
bright eyed,

You are right, the Washington Post is a liberal newspaper that has been very critical of Bush. I was joking around a little there.
doh!

my cousin just came back from a tour in afghan'n and is going back friday, he said moral is very low, the boys are pissed because they keep getting extended again and again... the mental stress just seems to be so palpable, i'd be nervous about how that affects all of them in the long term.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright eyed View Post
doh!

my cousin just came back from a tour in afghan'n and is going back friday, he said moral is very low, the boys are pissed because they keep getting extended again and again... the mental stress just seems to be so palpable, i'd be nervous about how that affects all of them in the long term.
One of my good friends just got back. He said morale was high, but then again he didn't get extended..............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
I must be lost.....you never said WHAT you would like, just stated ALL the things you DON'T like.........:confused:

Whether you like it or not, he's the Commander -In-Chied for the entire USA........

Believe what you will but the main reason Dan Rather was kicked off the network was going too far down a path that turned out to be false............

Should be fun with Hillary in the White House.........

Where's Ross Perot when you need him??
You forgot to answer my questions in the following paragraph - Get real your commander in chief and his sidekick Cheney are saber rattling about Iran and WWIII. If Old George W attacks Iran will you enlist to go fight? OR would you like your children or grandchildren to go fight in HIS WAR if the DRAFT became a reality?

It is kind of funny how you conveniently chose to address other issues but neglected this one. Could it because you too would follow in the footsteps of YOUR HEROES Old George W, Cheney, Rove and Rudy G who cried and wined for daddy (41 for Old George W)to pull some strings and got multiple deferments so that they would not have to go fight in Vietnam?

What I do not LIKE are Old George W's failed Iraq War policies and saber rattlings towards other countries. WWW III?

Dan Rather has nothing to do with 41 pulling strings to keep Old George W from going to go fight in the Vietnam War. All the crying and wining was done by Old George W not Dan Rather. HOW SAD.

As for Hillary at least she would be willing to MAN UP, I mean WOMAN UP, which is more then I can say for your commander in chief.

I beleive that ROSS PEROT is in TEXAS enjoying his life and probably counting his $$$$.

GOD BLESS
Old 10-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
You forgot to answer my question in the following paragraph - Get real your commander in chief and his sidekick Cheney are saber rattling about Iran and WWIII. If Old George W attacks Iran will you enlist to go fight? OR would you like your children or grandchildren to go fight in HIS WAR if the DRAFT became a reality?
Iran will get nukes, and there's little we can do about it. Putin is pissed because Iran is the biggest vendor for Russian weapons, and I think he gets a kickback on the sales..........

My father fought in Korea. My grandfather got a Silver Star in World War II. I never enlisted because my father wanted me to go to college, and we had many fights about it. if the Army needs a 40 year old man with bad knees, have them give me a call.

My children are too young to fight (8 and 5). However, I am concerned about the world they will face. It'snot like Bush 41 and Bush 43 destroyed the Middle East ny themselves, that place has been a mess for 1000 years.........

In regards to my sons: If my sons get drafted, they will serve with honor because that is how DW and I are raising them. I think getting a draft reinstated has about as much chance as SS getting priviatized, or roughly ZERO..........

Quote:
As for Hillary at least she would be willing to MAN UP, I mean WOMAN UP, which is more then I can say for your commander in chief.
Really? Based on Hillary's track record, I'm not so sure............

BTW, quit saying "God Bless", when you don't mean it............

Old 10-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

WAGS when Billy Boy had the opportunity to get Ben Laden CIA Had him in the scope cross hairs. It was decided that it would be too infamatory to kill him. Do you really think Hilliary has a clue
Old 10-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #26
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Iran will get nukes, and there's little we can do about it. Putin is pissed because Iran is the biggest vendor for Russian weapons, and I think he gets a kickback on the sales..........

My father fought in Korea. My grandfather got a Silver Star in World War II. I never enlisted because my father wanted me to go to college, and we had many fights about it. if the Army needs a 40 year old man with bad knees, have them give me a call.

My children are too young to fight (8 and 5). However, I am concerned about the world they will face. It'snot like Bush 41 and Bush 43 destroyed the Middle East ny themselves, that place has been a mess for 1000 years.........

In regards to my sons: If my sons get drafted, they will serve with honor because that is how DW and I are raising them. I think getting a draft reinstated has about as much chance as SS getting priviatized, or roughly ZERO..........

Really? Based on Hillary's track record, I'm not so sure............

BTW, quit saying "God Bless", when you don't mean it............
Those were your grandfather and father who served NOT YOU.

As for your excuse about bad knees the Army has lowered it's standards maybe you can still serve. Most of the advocators of WAR talk a good game but when push comes to shove they choose to let others go fight their WARS. I guess that is what some would call honor.

There you go again making ASSUMPTIONS, first it was about what I liked and now it is about what I mean. You do not know what I like or what I mean.

I do not know who died and made you the POPE so that you can tell me to quit saying "GOD BLESS". Last time I checked America was a free country where one is free to worship as they please and yes that also includes FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

GOD BLESS and PEACE

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" (Matthew 5:9).
Old 10-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #27

Quote:
It'snot like Bush 41 and Bush 43 destroyed the Middle East ny themselves, that place has been a mess for 1000 years.........
that is a common misperception of mid east politics. the conflicts we see today are largely from actions from the last 50 or so years...you had the rise of militant islam with the est. of israel colliding (i don't know which came first)...both feeding the fury of extremism and instability in the area...
Old 10-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Those were your grandfather and father who served NOT YOU.
So, only those whose served or are left wing politically have a right to an opinion? Interesting.........

Quote:
Most of the advocators of WAR talk a good game but when push comes to shove they choose to let others go fight their WARS. I guess that is what some would call honor.
Quoting biblical passages while casting dispersions about others is an interesting way to go about things.......something about glass houses and stones comes to mind.........

YOU are now making ASSUMPTIONS...........and you know what happens when you assume?

Yeah, Hillary will get to the bottom of all this, I am sure............

Old 10-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USK Coastie View Post
WAGS when Billy Boy had the opportunity to get Ben Laden CIA Had him in the scope cross hairs. It was decided that it would be too infamatory to kill him. Do you really think Hilliary has a clue
I think it was Syria or another country that told Clinton they could arrest Bin Laden and extradite him to the US, but Clinton deferred because he "didn't have a plan" on what to do............

Old 10-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #30

As I was reading through some of these post, a thought came to mind. 'You know you could claim to be anybody and post on this board.' Some folks claim to have military experience, even combat experience, and even if they offered some kind of proof, how would one verify it. Some folks claim to me a Democrat or Republican, even though their post would cause you to wonder. I guess all we can do is try and analyze their post and wonder. At any rate, when one's post are so opposite from the majority of those they claim to be a part of, it sure diminishes their credibility.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Most of the advocators of WAR talk a good game but when push comes to shove they choose to let others go fight their WARS. I guess that is what some would call honor.
The military still has very high medical standards. I for one attempted to re-enlist in the Reserves after Iraq kicked off, but was advised I was permanently disqualified, because of heartburn. I fought it, but in the end I came to realize I would not be getting a waiver and the DOD Instruction had changed so as not to allow me to finish my service.

Bright Eyed--IIRC, Militant Islam started in the 1920's in Egypt in an attempt to expel Britain from Egypt.