Join Early Retirement Today
Bought a new Photo Printer, Thanks for the Help........:)
Old 11-28-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Bought a new Photo Printer, Thanks for the Help........:)

I ended up going with the Canon Pixma IP6700D. After reading the reviews on and Amazon, and, I felt this was the best value.

Most stores were around $185-$199 for it, but Amazon was running a special of $154.99....with FREE shipping...............

The main difference of the 6700 over the 6600 is the ability to use Bluetooth technology to transfer images to the printer..........not that I need it, but Bluetooth seems to be getting more prevalent.........

Thanks for all the input and help..........I think I made a good choice.............

Consult with your own advisor or representative. My thoughts should not be construed as investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results (love that one).......:)

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Bought a new Photo Printer, Thanks for the Help........:)
Old 11-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Re: Bought a new Photo Printer, Thanks for the Help........:)

Good deal. The financial info you get from this forum is great, but I love it even more for the depth of info available on just about every other subject.

One useful tip that I found when using the ip6600 that may apply to your machine. Photo paper comes in several different grades and types, and my printer came with a small package that contained a few sheets of the best grade paper. When you go buy more paper, you will find that it's expensive. For learning purposes I decided to buy the next best paper.

The printer software has an option to "tell" the printer what quality paper you are using. When I bought some of the cheaper paper to play with, I changed the print quality setting to reflect the grade of paper I was using. My images came out with a very noticeable reduction in quality. As an experiment, I changed the setting back to indicate I was using the very best grade of paper, but actually loaded the machine with the cheaper stuff. The quality is just as good as if I was using the best paper.

The only drawback might be that the superior grade paper will "hold" the image for a longer time. I don't know that to be the case as the images I printed are not old enough to be able to notice any differences. I dimly recall reading somewhere that the better the paper, the more ink it will hold - and the more ink it holds the longer it will retain the image clearly and crisply. By changing the setting I think I am just forcing the printer to apply more ink to the paper than it would normally. I do know that there is a lot of ink on my pictures and I have to let them sit for 24 hours before they are completely safe to handle without smearing or scratching them.
There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it. - Andrew Jackson
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote