Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 07:54 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I see the Brady/Patriot haters are out again. Boring but predictable....
The prior two posts just proved my point.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2015, 08:03 AM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrecht View Post
Agree that Goodell needs to be fired, but he wont be because the owners support his heavy handed treatment of the players.

I will admit that I hate the Patriots, but its not because they are a great team (which they are), its because they keep cheating...and getting caught. How can anyone support that?
Because you seem to overlook the hundreds of other well documented instances of cheating in the NFL based on your comments here - that's been pointed out before BTW. And repeat your hatred incessantly...you don't like the Patriots, we got that a long time ago.

Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

It's well documented by insiders that QB's have doctored footballs in varying degrees. And while I can't cite a source, the sports media has said that there's never been a suspension for an equipment violation before Goodell attempted to suspend Brady. All the prior infractions resulted in fines. Goodell fined and penalized the team, and fined and suspended Brady - there's no precedent for that.

I root for the Patriots because my wife is from New England. But I don't need to hate any other team, never have. I guess I could hate the Saints for Bountygate, but I don't. They were caught and penalized, over and done with.

Start a Patriots haters thread and knock yourself out. It would be nice to talk football on a thread titled "NFL: 2015 Season."

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Old 09-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Interesting site. I found this link interesting. Patriots are 22 out of 32. I wonder where utrecht and RAE's and the other Hatriots favorite teams lie on this list.

The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

Old 09-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #24
Give me a forum ...

I'm not "hating" on the Patriots or Brady. I'm "hating" on cheating. If Aaron Rodgers(my favorite player) did what Brady did then I would be asking for the same penalty that i'm asking for Brady to receive. Cheating and the lack of consequences is very much football related and deserves to be discussed in a football thread.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

BountyGate wasnt cheating. Nobody tried to get an advantage in the game of football. They were putting bounties for knocking people out of the game with hard hits. That is over agressive and violates administrative rules, but its not "cheating"....corking your bat, deflating balls, secretly recording the other teams practices....those are cheating
Old 09-04-2015, 08:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Interesting site. I found this link interesting. Patriots are 22 out of 32. I wonder where utrecht and RAE's and the other Hatriots favorite teams lie on this list.

The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating
Read some of those "cheats" on that list. Its completely stupid.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:34 AM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
BountyGate wasnt cheating. Nobody tried to get an advantage in the game of football. They were putting bounties for knocking people out of the game with hard hits. That is over agressive and violates administrative rules, but its not "cheating"....corking your bat, deflating balls, secretly recording the other teams practices....those are cheating
So let me see if I have this straight. A team has a program to provide cash incentives for its players to injure opposing players... there is no doubt that this was done....and that is just overly aggressive and violates administrative rules. OTOH, another team has footballs that are just under spec on a cold day and there is no direct evidence and that is cheating.

WADR, that is the most warped thing I have heard in a long time. I'd love to see a poll as to which infraction that fans think is more objectionable.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #28

One gives a team a competitive advantage in the game of football. The other gives players incentives to play hard. It is illegal to give cash incentives to players for knocking people out of a game but its not cheating. The players are already trying to hit other players as hard as they can. I don't condone either one, but deflating footballs for one team just like corking a bat or using stick'em on your hands (after they made it illegal) is flat out cheating.

Again I don't condone either one, but the Saints got the heaviest penalties ever handed out and Brady got off scot free. Explain how that's fair?

The NFL player conduct manual will be re-written and the next time something like this happens the player will be suspended heavily because it will be spelled out in advance. Thats the only thing the NFL screwed up on. It doesnt mean Brady was vindicated or that he didnt cheat.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:57 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...

You seem so convinced that Brady cheated despite the total lack of evidence, but we'll agree to disagree on that. I'm not convinced one way or the other, but I am convinced there is insufficient evidence that he cheated.

Where the NFL screwed up is in not having the officials control the game balls like is done in most other major sports.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #30

Quote:
You seem so convinced that Brady cheated despite the total lack of evidence
+1

I think it's futile to convince the haters....If they followed the case they would have heard NFL attorney Nash admitting to Judge Berman that they had no direct evidence of Brady's involvement in any ball deflation scheme.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
I'm not "hating" on the Patriots or Brady. I'm "hating" on cheating. If Aaron Rodgers(my favorite player) did what Brady did then I would be asking for the same penalty that i'm asking for Brady to receive. Cheating and the lack of consequences is very much football related and deserves to be discussed in a football thread.
Not so quick.....Aaron Rodgers is on records to have pushed the limits on ball inflation

Aaron Rodgers Likes To Tamper With Footballs, Too
Old 09-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

You don't understand though... unsubstantiated underinflation by Brady is cheating but admitted overinflation by Rodgers isn't.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:21 PM   #33

Quote:
You seem so convinced that Brady cheated despite the total lack of evidence, but we'll agree to disagree on that. I'm not convinced one way or the other, but I am convinced there is insufficient evidence that he cheated.

Where the NFL screwed up is in not having the officials control the game balls like is done in most other major sports.
Total lack of evidence? Really? You have your head in the sand.

I'm a Steeler fan. When Tomlin stepped onto the field and got in the kick returner's way, I didnt do everything I could to deny it. I dont know if he did it on purpose or not. Thats debatable, but he still deserved to be fined. I dont put my head in the sand when my team screws up. Im not complaining about Le'Veon Bell getting suspended for marijuana even though it has nothing to do with football and I dont think people should be suspended for things having nothing to do with football. I dont defend the Steelers just because they are my team.

Patriots fans all have their head in the sand. The team has cheated repeatedly and been caught repeatedly. Who knows how many times theyve cheated and NOT been caught. But go ahead and continue to support cheaters just because its your favorite team. Thats your right, I guess.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:28 PM   #34
Give me a forum ...

I guess you have no concept of the meaning of agreeing to disagree.

I didn't know you are a Steeler fan. Good to know... now I'm looking forward to next Thursday even more.

Though I suppose if the Steelers lose it will only be because the Patriots somehow cheated.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Interesting choice. Rodgers likes the balls inflated to the max, even over-inflated, and he makes no secret of it. Just Google for many references with quotes.

Looking forward to your reply...
Quote:
"(Rodgers) said something [that] was unique," Simms revealed. "[Rodgers said] 'I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it.' Because he thinks it's easier for him to grip. He likes them tight."
Aaron Rodgers: Deflated footballs a 'disadvantage' for me - CBSSports.com
Aaron Rodgers prefers to play with over-inflated footballs | FOX Sports
Many more if you look...

Old 09-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Clearly the NFL should be keeping a better eye on the footballs. If there are set limitations on what psi a football can have and someone intentionally deviates from that then there should be a penalty. Whether you admit to altering the psi out of range like Rodgers, or lie and try to cover it up like Brady, there should be a penalty for it going forward. I blame the NFL for having bad policies and lack of enforcement.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:44 PM   #37

Quote:
I guess you have no concept of the meaning of agreeing to disagree.

I didn't know you are a Steeler fan. Good to know... now I'm looking forward to next Thursday even more.

Though I suppose if the Steelers lose it will only be because the Patriots somehow cheated.
No, but it might be because your star player and my star player both did something wrong but your star player is playing and mine isnt. My star players "wrong" had nothing to do with football and yours directly gave him a competitive advantage, even though I seriously doubt he needed it.

That situation is a complete travesty.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:48 PM   #38
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Total lack of evidence? Really? You have your head in the sand.

I'm a Steeler fan. When Tomlin stepped onto the field and got in the kick returner's way, I didnt do everything I could to deny it. I dont know if he did it on purpose or not. Thats debatable, but he still deserved to be fined. I dont put my head in the sand when my team screws up. Im not complaining about Le'Veon Bell getting suspended for marijuana even though it has nothing to do with football and I dont think people should be suspended for things having nothing to do with football. I dont defend the Steelers just because they are my team.

Patriots fans all have their head in the sand. The team has cheated repeatedly and been caught repeatedly. Who knows how many times theyve cheated and NOT been caught. But go ahead and continue to support cheaters just because its your favorite team. Thats your right, I guess.
Head in the sand? Really? While you refuse to acknowledge the documented examples of cheating by every team in the NFL. That's priceless.

And I'm curious how you know better than all the attorneys, judges, etc. who have read all the testimony, reports, analysis, etc. Somehow you know better, while willfully overlooking cheating by any other team.

I am not saying cheating is OK just because everyone does it by any means. Just that your bias is pretty obvious...

Old 09-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #39
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Clearly the NFL should be keeping a better eye on the footballs. If there are set limitations on what psi a football can have and someone intentionally deviates from that then there should be a penalty. Whether you admit to altering the psi out of range like Rodgers, or lie and try to cover it up like Brady, there should be a penalty for it going forward. I blame the NFL for having bad policies and lack of enforcement.
So now it's the NFL and not Brady from your POV.

Who's your favorite player now that you know Rodgers has openly admitted tampering with footballs, deliberately pumping them up to above the psi threshold? Since you hate "cheaters" and all.

And Rodgers says deflated balls would be a disadvantage...

BTW, even though I'm a Pats fan, I think Rodgers may be the best QB playing today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879

Old 09-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #40

Quote:
So the moral of the story is BEFORE the NFL suspends players for ball inflation or deflation they SHOULD have had a better ball control procedure with calibrated gauges, records of before and after etc...
Closed Thread