Join Early Retirement Today

Breaking Bad
Old 07-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Breaking Bad

Who else will be watching AMC tonight to see the beginning of season five? Looking forward to seeing what Walter, Jesse, Gus, Skylar and Mike have in store for us. This is the final season, I understand.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Dryer sheet wannabe

I have to admit - I'm hooked and will be watching.
FocusedInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

What is AMC? (I see that and think Army Materials Command)
Tadpole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #4

We are hooked on BB. We wait until it comes out on DVD then watch the whole season in a couple of days without commercials.
Danmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

I canceled cable and it looks like Hulu will only show clips of that show not full episodes so it looks like i'll be waiting to rent the season on DVD from the library but one way or another i'll be watching it eventually.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
The Air Force changed "MAC" to "Air Mobility Command"...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I first heard of this show on this forum. Caught up on seasons 1-4 over the last few months and can't wait to watch season 5.
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
Administrator

I just started watching season 1 on netflix.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I am flying today and won't be able to watch BB until I get home at the end of next week. So if anybody post spoilers on this thread (anything beyond what a awesome season premier) without putting a spoiler tag in front. I will invoke a fearsome Hawaiian curse to you and your family, along with the customary English curse words.

Fair warning...

*Spoiler*

In recent interview Walt (Bryan Cranston) reminded fans that he still has terminal cancer. In case anybody was expecting a happy hollywood ending
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

I will be watching. Does anybody know if this is going to be the last season?
I don't even know where they can go from here that can keep the same quality as the prior seasons.
tmm99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
While watching a rerun of last year's shows on AMC they advertised this web site to view while viewing tonight's edition. *Spoiler Alert*

Quote:
This Sunday at 10/9c AMCtv.com debuts Breaking Bad Story Sync, a live two-screen experience that allows you to vote in snap polls, answer cool trivia questions, re-live tense moments via video clips and chat with your fellow rabid fans during the initial broadcast of the week's episode. Story Sync begins with the Breaking Bad Season 5 Premiere, "Live Free or Die" at 10/9c and 10PT. Log on to breakingbadstorysync.com via your tablet, mobile device, laptop or desktop, tune in to AMC for the broadcast and the rest will take care of itself
Check Out Breaking Bad Story Sync While Watching the Season Premiere This Sunday Night - Breaking Bad - AMC

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
So if anybody post spoilers on this thread
Hey, mods, does this version of vBulletin include a spoiler tag?

It's literally the words [SPOILER]http://www.hawaiithreads.com/index.php[/SPOILER] on that board.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Yep, we will be watching. BB is one of our guilty pleasures (much like "Justified", but more so). I enjoy the way BB develops characters which are never fully "good" or fully "bad". Characters may do horrible things, but for (what they believe) are good reasons.

My favorite concept is the way Walter (Sr.) is able to shift between his alter egos. I love to watch Walter turn into Heisenberg. It is truly frightening.

Enjoy!

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
+1
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
Yep, we will be watching. BB is one of our guilty pleasures (much like "Justified", but more so). I enjoy the way BB develops characters which are never fully "good" or fully "bad". Characters may do horrible things, but for (what they believe) are good reasons.

My favorite concept is the way Walter (Sr.) is able to shift between his alter egos. I love to watch Walter turn into Heisenberg. It is truly frightening.

Enjoy!
I don't think BB qualifies as a guilty pleasure (The housewives of New Jersey, and other reality shows definitely guilty and pleasure well I think for many). BB has so won many Emmy's and had so many critics rave about that i think of it as just the opposite. One of the finest shows ever on TV. I've watched enough Shakespearean plays that I can say that if the Bard was alive today he'd be making a show much like BB.

Pride has brought down plenty of Shakespearean characters and I suspect will undo Walter also.

The final 16 episodes are split into two mini season the first one noww,and the second half next spring I believe
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

It is my favorite show on TV. I dvr'd it last night and will be watching tonight.
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

For whatever reason, I never watched much of the show. But may watch the final season. I need to find a summary of the show to get me somewhat up to date. Any ideas?
Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #18
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
For whatever reason, I never watched much of the show. But may watch the final season. I need to find a summary of the show to get me somewhat up to date. Any ideas?
I think it would be difficult to appreciate the show without watching all the prior seasons first before starting now.
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I think it would be difficult to appreciate the show without watching all the prior seasons first before starting now.

That's for sure, I watched last night for the first time and have no idea what's going on.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #20
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ss454 View Post
That's for sure, I watched last night for the first time and have no idea what's going on.
You really need to watch the previous four seasons to truly understand what is going on. Heck, the last episode of Season 4 is a must just to understand the beginning of Season 5. You can get Seasons 1-3 from Netflix but I think you will need another viewer in order to get Season 4.
kfindley79 is offline   Reply With Quote