Bring your State to the Party!

If the oysters and shrimp are already taken, SC will have to provide Carolina Rice pilau, or perlow as it is often spelled. Plus our own fine pork barbecue (we offer vinegar and mustard based sauce). But if we can double up on shrimp, then Frogmore Stew is a favorite: no frogs, but lots of fresh shrimp, smoked sausage, baby red potatoes, and corn—served outdoors in a big wood trough.

I was going to bring Philly cheesesteaks and Yuengling, but I see splitwdw already has that covered. How about some soft pretzels and mustard, Wawa hoagies, and Turkey Hill iced tea?

For Cincinnati, OH:

Cincinnati style chili as 3-way (spaghetti, chili, cheese), 4-way (add chopped onions or beans), or 5-way (add onions and beans)
Montgomery Inn baby back ribs
Graeter's ice cream
Hudepohl beer (old time local beer), or Christian Morlein (new beer)

For breakfast, you will need to have some goetta ("get-uh") a pork sausage with oats mixed in.

Don’t they put cinnamon in that chili up north? [emoji32]

This thread is so tempting! Such delicious sounding food, of so many different types. If we had a non-cyber party like this, my diet would be completely ruined. :ROFLMAO:

Burnt Ends from Joe's Kansas City BBQ- and wheat whiskey from Fernweh Distilleries in Hermann.
+1

Add in some St. Louis style pizza and Go Chicken Go gizzards.

From the Valley - Cabrito al Pastor served with Frijoles Charros, Mexican style Shrimp Cocktail appetizer with locally caught Gulf shrimp, and plenty of guacamole and salsa and freshly made corn tortillas. To drink - limonada and margaritas of course.

Beer with Clamato is popular down here, but I’ve never gotten myself to try that.

Cheasapeake Bay hard crabs and soft crabs, Chincoteague Bay oysters and Little necks, Southern Maryland Stuffed Ham, and some Natty Boh to wash it all down !!!!

Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook ice creame

It is a party it must have donuts : Voodoo donut

Boston clam chowdah, a side of fried clams, a loaf of anadama bread and a growler of Ipswich Ale.

NYC gal
so of course I'm bringing the Pizza and cheesecake. Some Coney Island hot dogs along for the ride just in case.

I'm originally from the MS Delta. I've got to say hot tamales. Wish I knew how to make them like I had as a kid.

Start off with boudin on toast, then beignets.
Boiled crawfish for lunch.
Cracklins' for a snack. Good meaty ones, not the bland pork skins.
Various fried seafood for supper, soft shell crabs being my favorite.
Bread pudding with rum sauce for dessert.
Or to make it simpler a muffuletta for lunch and poboy for supper with a praline for dessert.

From coastal Alabama

Fried speckled trout with cheese grits and collard greens. Truckstop Honey beer to wash it down. (Thats actually made in Gadsden, but I am unfond of the local Fairhope brews). And Pecan pie with homemade ice cream.

Speckled trout can't be commercially sold in Alabama, so you're going to have to catch it yourself or get invited to my house...

From the end of the road in MN

Fresh caught walleye fried in a cast iron skillet with wild rice on the side. Summit EPA to sip on.

This is my go to dinner when entertaining.

Some Texas Brisket from Cooper's BBQ Llano TX..
Slow cooked Pinto Beans with jalapenos
Side of fresh blackberry cobbler
Homemade (hand cranked the old fashioned way) Vanilla Ice cream
Sweet tea

Chicken Fried Bacon, from Sodolak's in Snook, TX. We will also have a heart surgeon from the Houston Medical Center attend.

For Cincinnati, OH:

Cincinnati style chili as 3-way (spaghetti, chili, cheese), 4-way (add chopped onions or beans), or 5-way (add onions and beans)

Ooh, can I sit by you?:D Both my Dad and I graduated from UC and now I make Cincinnati Chili for my son and DIL and my granddaughters. I have a priceless picture of the one-year old digging into it with her hands, with telltale orange streaks on her face!

I gained another five pounds just reading this thread

Old Dominion surf and turf: Chesapeake Bay crab cakes from the east, Virginia ham from the midlands. Plus, moonshine from the Blue Ridge.

BTW, with all the denizens of the Windy City here, I can't believe I haven't yet seen a deep dish pizza!

Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook ice creame

It is a party it must have donuts : Voodoo donut

Also, Chinook salmon smoked on cedar plank, various craft beer and Willamette Valley wine.
Oh! add Salt N Straw ice cream!

Goose Island Beer and Garretts popcorn, the Chicago blend of cheese and caramel.

Back
Top Bottom