Bring your State to the Party!

This talk about Ice Cream makes me think I need to bring some Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard. Or better yet a Blizzard (and NOT the Dairy Queen kind).

I used to live 10 minutes away. Way too close.

And if you do not know the STL area, you have no clue what I am talking about.

Oregon's Hood strawberries

They will be ripe in June.

Seattle dogs (with cream cheese) for all your post party munchies/pre hangover needs.

From Alaska, we’ll bring Alaskan halibut, Coho salmon (sorry, Chinook season currently closed here), and since you’re all special friends, King Crab.

I'm with bestwifeever, really good fried chicken not that greasy KFC stuff.

I'll get it. The Piggly Wiggly in town makes spectacular fried chicken. I'll stop on my way over. And I'll bring some sweet tea too since it sounds like there is going to be a lot of beer.

SF Bay Area: sourdough bread, cracked crab, Sonoma Valley wine (for vegetarians like me: grilled brie with sliced pear on the toasted sourdough OR avacado toast)

gayl, There's a place not too far away that makes a thin crust brie, sliced pear and sliced almond pizza. It's delicious.

Is someone bringing regular old-fashioned fried chicken (not the hot spicy stuff)? Because I really would travel for that!

Well now, I'm going to travel back with my relatives to Charleston SC.
Bring you some very southern Black home cooking.

Fried Chicken
Collards
Mac and cheese
Black eye peas (which is a must because they bring wealth to the house. :rolleyes:)
and corn bread, which according to my 100 year old Aunt Queen must be made in a cast iron skillet.

Nevada
Las Vegas area: it’s probably hot as dickens. We’re going to a buffet!

Back
Top Bottom