Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Don't forget the orange vest...
Oh right!

I think we might have to do this and get someone to videotape it!

Audrey
audreyh1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #82
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

I can suggest a couple of RV forums where it will be a big hit...
Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #83
Give me a forum ...

Can't believe someone hasn't already done it. Especially not in one of those silly RV movies.

Audrey
Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #84
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
Hey - that's exactly how it happens on our team! DH is always hops outside with walkie-talkie and circles the RV before we maneuver into a tight situation to spot issues and give directions (mostly hand signals). Especially when backing into a campsite! Yes - he is always at one of the corners, and if I can't see him, I stop until I can.
We actually had a pair of these in our cruising days. Folks call'em marriage savers. Beats the h*ll out of shouting from the bow of the boat.
Cruising Solutions - Sailing Solutions | Cost effective equipment for life under sail
IndependentlyPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:48 AM   #85
Give me a forum ...

How about applying a crowbar to the dented-in panel? Then, throw some dirt on the scraped paint as camouflage, and party on.

Of course it is easy for me to say, as it's not my set of wheels.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #86
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
But many Class C's are 8.5 ft (102 inches) wide - the max width allowed. Same as a Class A with the slides in. They are just usually not quite as tall and not as long. But many of the hitting stuff issues has to do with the width, although the turning corners stuff is definitely harder in a longer Class A.
Audrey
Yeah, other than the other two dimensions, they are all the same.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:26 AM   #87
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
P.S. Were you parking on sand? I hope you gave your rig a good hose down - especially the chrome.

Audrey
The whole state is made of sand, but they put river gravel in the RV site.

I'm a big fan of the California Car Duster. I use it on my cars, bikes, and anything else that collects dust. Works amazingly well. It goes so fast that I can do the whole RV in 20 minutes, car in 5. Good on the dashboard, too.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #88
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
The whole state is made of sand, but they put river gravel in the RV site.

I'm a big fan of the California Car Duster. I use it on my cars, bikes, and anything else that collects dust. Works amazingly well. It goes so fast that I can do the whole RV in 20 minutes, car in 5. Good on the dashboard, too.
Yes - but you were parked right next to salt water, so that can make a big difference! I was actually thinking of the salt exposure/corrosion.

Wait - you live in Tampa FL - never mind!

Audrey